I got my Randall Rh200 head today with a Legion Sound cab and after a little while of playing i noticed this sound coming from the amp that sounded like the blades of a helicopter when taking off, just a continuous tap tap tap tap.This only happens when im not playing anything, when i play i cant hear it, but when i stop playing it starts, and cuts out a little bit. When i first started playing it it sounded fine. But after a bit it got this sound.After it happened i turned it off for a couple mins and turned it back on and it was fine, but it seemed that i had it off for about 3 mins and then 3 mins after i turned it on, it started again. And it kept going like this, if i turned it off for 5 mins, when i turned it back on 5 mins later it would start again.

Whats going on?

Do I have it hooked up wrong?
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alpine White)
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Peavey Valveking half stack
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50
-BC Rich Warlock Exotic w EMG 81

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
Don't mean to be nagging, but anyone have any advice?
Gear:
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
i had something out my marshall which sounded like a bomb ticking or something!. Donno what that was about.
Carbon1, did it stop after awhile?
Gear:
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
I played it again today, and it did the same thing, after about 30 minutes. The head is also getting pretty hot, i don't if thats what usually happens though is it?It seems that when it starts getting hot that it makes the noise, is this possible?

I don't know how much this pertains to it but i have the master on 4 and i noticed when i turned it all the way to 10 the noise wasn't coming through as bad(I wasn't playing through it at the time so its not that the high volume stopped me from hearing it.)
Gear:
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
^ Yeah maybe. Especially if you're near something with a motor in it (like a fan or something). The motor going round and the brushes in it constantly making contact could be making that constant ticking sound.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Maybe you have mice living inside your cab
Take it to a professional....you don't want your amp to explode while your playing it.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Maybe I just need to place a fan facing inside the amp to cool it down?
Gear:
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
Quote by morgan_a7x
Maybe I just need to place a fan facing inside the amp to cool it down?

Move it further from the wall/radiator/generic heat source.
I don't think it's a heat problem, anyway.

Did you try moving it yet? Did you try it through another cab?
Where it was sitting it was pretty close to a wall, i moved it about a foot or 2 away and it still did it, but i don't know how much you guys mean to move it. There is a heater downstairs but i dont think its directly underneath my amp. I havent tried to use a different cab, i do not have another one but i can probably figure out a way to get one from a buddy.
Gear:
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
I did move it away from the wall, I also put a small fan facing down into the top of the head where the ventilation slots are and it didn't make the noise the entire practice today(2ish hours)
Gear:
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50

Ashton's Magnum Myspace