Hi im new here and need some advice,
i just got myself a loaded pickguard for my strat , its a tex mex HH setup, when advertised it said 5 way switch but it only has a 3 position .
Is it possible to fit a 5 way to this ? and if so would it make much difference ? i noticed each pickup had 2 wires joined going nowhere . the other problem im having is for some reason 1st e string seems dead hard to explain its in tune but just doesnt feel right . any help would be much appreciated
hope this thread is in the right place .
Depends what you want the switch to do...my advice would be to keep the 3 way but give each one an individual coil split or series/parallel switch. That'd make it about as versatile as it can be.

The two wires joined together are the connection between the two coils so currently they're wired in series. By connecting those wires to a switch you can swap between full humbucking and either a split coil which will give you one of the coils on it's own, or parallel wiring which gives you both coils but splits the voltage across the two giving you a slightly reduced output. You'll get more info on that in the customization forum.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 14, 2007,
Yeah, stewmac has a 5 way for that. I forget what it's called, but it has some crazy configurations.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Yea, I think you can get thr right switch from Dimarzio as well, just break up the hots and treat them each as hot, follow the schem, it should be pretty easy.
Yeah, stewmac has a 5 way for that. I forget what it's called, but it has some crazy configurations.

Some Ibanez's have it...it goes.

Neck

Neck in wired in parallel

Neck and bridge

Neck and Bridge both coil split

Bridge
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com