Ok so I've had my electric guitar (my first guitar, by the way) for about a year or two. I've never replaced the strings because I never really ran into any problems, but lately I've been hearing some weird vibration when playing on my first, second, and third frets usually.

So I decided to order some new strings. When I put them in, I noticed I still had the weird vibration so I'm trying to figure out what it is if it's not the strings.

I think the problem might be that I usually lean my guitar on my amp at about a 45 degree angle (I know, I know ) and it bent my guitar a little so that the strings are vibrating against the bars.

Anyone know what might be going on here? It's a really cheap guitar, it was only about $100 and I'd love for an excuse to get a new guitar
You didn't change your strings for that long?! Play all strings open then push your neck foreward ever so slightly and see if it goes away....If it does, I'd say adjust the neck.....and change your strings more often...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Well I haven't played it that much, but I've been getting more into it lately.

It does look like the neck is the problem, but I'm not really sure how to adjust it. I assume I'll just tighten/loosen the screws that connect it to the body.
Sweet, I didn't even know I had a truss rod .

Anyway, I turned the truss rod a few times and it's sounding great now. Thanks a lot!