ok since i've been playing electric i think i want an acoustic. im currently looking at this one
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_dean_performer_e_acousticelectric_guitar?full_sku=519820%2e030
is this one ok for a first scoustic??
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
do you really need an acoustic-electric instead of an acoustic? you can get a much better guitar for the same price if you just get an acoustic! dean isn't really one of the more respected acoustic manufacturers.
bro I wouldn't, if your going to get an acoustic you gotta be very careful... I don't personally care for the way a Dean plays though, what you need to do is go to guitar center and sit down in the acoustic room and play every guitar you see (thats in tune) to get a feel for the difference in them all... after you have played about 10 different acoustics or acoustic/electrics you will be able to distinguish the difference, then you can make a better decision based on your own preference
Quote by C@sper
bro I wouldn't, if your going to get an acoustic you gotta be very careful... I don't personally care for the way a Dean plays though, what you need to do is go to guitar center and sit down in the acoustic room and play every guitar you see (thats in tune) to get a feel for the difference in them all... after you have played about 10 different acoustics or acoustic/electrics you will be able to distinguish the difference, then you can make a better decision based on your own preference

+1
But dang you got to it before I did.
My thoughts are buy anything that takes your interest (& you can afford) as you can NEVER get the feel for a guitar untill you own it. You have to learn what it can play good & match that to what you like to play. Ive been playing for a couple of years but have owned more than 50 guitars. You just keep the ones that suit your style. my current guitars are listed in my signature. Dont get me wrong im not rich (Im a 50 year old pensioner) nobody says you cant sell it if it isnt to your liking (thats what eBay is for isnt it)LOL
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Nah, to be completely honest its a crap guitar. It doesn't even have a solid spruce soundboard. See how it says "select spruce", means its a laminate which is crap for sound. General rule is that (this rule applies quadruple in the lower price range) that unless you need the pickup dont buy it, the money you are spending on that pickup could easily be put towards a solid spruce top instead of a laminate one.
Plus if you buy a decent guitar without a pickup (check out this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337075)
then you can always buy a pickup for it later, you can buy decent sound hole pickups for $50. Oh, and I recommend the Yamaha FG700S from that thread i posted.

But really, do yourself a favour and don't buy that guitar