Hi guys , ive been trying to find a way to replicated a certain "far-away" effect but i cant seem to find out how to do it. Is there any type of pedal that can help? volume maybe?

an example of it is the intro to "Without Sight" by Destroy The Runner , link to myspace here and i believe that in the middle of "Elegy" by As I Lay Dying , they have the same effect , sounds like a radio in the distance..

any help?
we must become the change we want to see.
volume knob

just turn it down for the "far away" stuff
and then turn it up for the close stuff

best example (that ive heard) would be "best of you" - foo fighters

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Reverb gives that echoing effect, like yelling across a big room, so that might work for it.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
i think i know what part your talkin about in elegy, its not anything to do with the guitars volume just the bass of the amp, what you do is turn down the bass on your amp until you get to where you want it to be.
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
Hmm...turning down the volume knob doesn't do anything but lower the signal of the pickups (ie: if u have distortion on, as you turn it down u get a weaker signal to distort and will make it sound almost like just overdrive....basically the amount/power of the signals cought by the pickups is lowered). I say reverb would do the trick since a volume pedal will only change the volume of the sound.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
That's verb. Get you a Boss Verb pedal or if you want to go all out, an electro harmonix pedal. Fender REverb - Of course - Is about as high as that can go, up there with Lexicon as well.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!