All six of us. There was no thread, so I fancied I'd make one for this tremendously exciting experimental art punk group.

So. Any ubufans out there?
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Well I don't know where Devo is from, but Pere Ubu is from Cleveland.

Anyway, I have the Modern Dance and I really like it. I'm not a fan of most of the post-hardcore (forgive me if that's not the correct label), but the good bands are great.
Pere Ubu is amazing.

I had heard it before, but one night a year ago, i listened to The Modern Dance and it completely changed the way I listen to music.
Fender F-25 / Yamaha Pacifica 112 / Cort MR-710F 12-string
Last.fm
Quote by opivy21
Well I don't know where Devo is from, but Pere Ubu is from Cleveland.

Anyway, I have the Modern Dance and I really like it. I'm not a fan of most of the post-hardcore (forgive me if that's not the correct label), but the good bands are great.

(post-punk)

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Quote by Yertle
(post-punk)

Ah, thanks. I should know the name because the Minutemen are my favorite band, and I guess that's what they're called the most.
Pere Ubu are okay, the singers voice kinda annoys me.
but yeah old Post-Punk is great.

The press over here call Franz Ferdinand, Maximo Park and Kaiser Chiefs, Post-Punk, I can't see it.
Quote by StuartR
Pere Ubu are okay, the singers voice kinda annoys me.
but yeah old Post-Punk is great.

The press over here call Franz Ferdinand, Maximo Park and Kaiser Chiefs, Post-Punk, I can't see it.

They are labeled Post-Punk due to the dance rhythms and angular guitars - not as creative, stark, or extreme as Gang of Four or anything, but I love the British new "post punk" bands anyway. Perhaps Pop-Post-Punk would be a better descriptor.

Quote by crazypeanutman