A few days ago I put new strings on my guitar. About 5 minutes ago I used to zoom pedal to retune my strings because they stretched a little bit. My high E string was just a little bit out of tune, lower, so I was tuning it up a tiny bit and it just snapped. Brand new string, gauge 10, and was just below perfectly tuned. Just not even a bit to notice. What happened?? Thanks.. Oh and my guitar doesn't have a floyd rose so that was not the problem.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Where did it break?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
There can be many causes for this. Were did the string snap, First off? Second. What bridge are you using? Have you cleaned/lubricated your nut lately? Do you have a String tree? Did you stretch that string wrong? There are a thousand answers, first answer these questions.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
It broke at the tuning peg, sorry forgot to include that. And I haven't cleaned the nut because it is a fairly new guitar. And, stupid question how do you stretch strings properly?
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Quote by guitarkid7
It broke at the tuning peg, sorry forgot to include that.

Alright. It didn't break, You wound that string on that peg wrong. You might have over lapped, You could have used too much string or too little. You didn't tie that string on, Etc Etc.
Quote by Ol'boy Rivers
Alright. It didn't break, You wound that string on that peg wrong. You might have over lapped, You could have used too much string or too little. You didn't tie that string on, Etc Etc.

I noticed that there wasn't much string wound around the peg, so thats probably the cause.
Quote by RPGoof
Oh, maybe you put in the peg funny... Or overbent it or whatever.

Overbending is possible, But a bent peg wouldn't cause that. ( To add to that, You'd know if your peg was bent. )
^^ I know what you mean, I've done that in my first bit of guitar playing haha. Putting a kink in the string to keep it in the peg.