So today I took the bus to the local music store (the guy next to me smelled like piss) and decided to try out the new line 6's. So i have one of their solid states heads on a marshall cab, and i don't know, but it sounded a lot better than everyone says. I didn't even tweak the settings very much and it sounded like any other solid state i've tried. Is this the case with any one else, or are the new line 6's just better than the old ones?
You were playing the Spider?

The Flexitone ain't bad really, it's quite nice actually. The thing with Spiders though is that they really fall apart at useable volumes, not the low volumes that you try in store.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Aye, I thought they were alright when I tried them in store too, it wasn't until my mate cranked his that I cringed >.<
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Yeah, really, any solidstate starts to sound like crap when you crank it up.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
even the cubes. im borrowing a cube from a friend and at low volumes the Metal amp sounds like a hot-rodded JCM800 but when i turn it up its sounds like a MG at low volume. what a mess...
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
they arent that bad for low volume bedroom amps, they are quite a better better than MGs or those little fenders and whatnot, but id never gig or record (for release, ive recorded demos with one before) with one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
they arent that bad for low volume bedroom amps, they are quite a better better than MGs or those little fenders and whatnot, but id never gig or record (for release, ive recorded demos with one before) with one.

haha, i got one of those tiny fenders, sounded kinda like when you spray a bees nest with a hose.