I have a few questions, but decided it would be best to just adress them all in one thread. I have an epiphone les paul, and play classic rock, grunge, classic metal, punk, pretty much all branches of rock. I'm looking to beaf up my rig as much as possible, SUGGESTIONS WANTED!

PICKUPS:
Bridge - Seymour Duncan SH-6, SH-5, or SH-4
Neck - Seymour Duncan SH-1, or SH-2
price doesnt matter much

AMPS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Randall G3 series, or any other line.
Crate.. suggest which one
Peavey Valveking 112

OVERDRIVE/DISTORTION PEDAL:
Rat 2
Tubescreamer TS9
Suggest another...
price not MUCH of an issue, but want to stay reasonable

Any input welcome, also open to suggestions of products to consider outside of what ive listed. Thanks.
well if price isnt a issue get a gibson les paul and i would get a fuzz and chorus pedal cause they sound super cool get a Marshall half stack tube amp and just keep the stock gib pickups and that should cover most of your old rock needs and if you really have lots of money get a fender strat just for a faster neck and a whammy bar
^dude the amps he put down are like >400 i think thats what he means by reasonable
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
for amps, look into some older Peavey stuff. they have remarkably good all-tube amps for under $500 on eBay all the time. their Ultra Plus amp would be right up your alley. it's three channels, so you get good cleans (not great, but passable), and two wonderfully dynamic gain channels--one for lighter, more Plexi-ish overdrive and one for super-high gain metal tones.

depending on what pups you already have, you may not need to replace them. if you have your heart set on it, though, the JB and Jazz set is the industry standard.

i don't really care for Tubescreamers all that much, but i really like the Rat. just look for an original (it'll have a 0 or a 1 to start the serial number). if you want something great for not a lot of money, the Digitech Bad Monkey is a phenomenal Tubescreamer-like overdrive, but it has a dedicated 2 band EQ as well. it's only like $30!

good luck!
Quote by tbsff_7
^dude the amps he put down are like >400 i think thats what he means by reasonable

yeah, thats more what i meant. not looking to get another guitar at the moment anyway. The amp that has caught my interest the most is the Vox AD50VT, with the peavey a close second. Im torn as far as the pickups go, and the distortion/overdrive pedal is more based on what would compliment either the Vox or Peavey amp the most. Thanks, looking for more input.
I'd stick a Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge of a Les Paul myself, 59 in the neck. Don't bother with pedals if you're getting the Vox, you can't use a distortion pedal to "boost" a modelling amp, only works with conventional amps and even then some solid state amps complain.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I might suggest a Crate Palomino, like a 32 maybe, or the V32.
And perhaps an OD to go with it.
Edit: maybe the 15 watt ones... I think that's the Palomino 16 and the V15. Something like that.
Last edited by me_llamo_juan at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by steven seagull
I'd stick a Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge of a Les Paul myself, 59 in the neck. Don't bother with pedals if you're getting the Vox, you can't use a distortion pedal to "boost" a modelling amp, only works with conventional amps and even then some solid state amps complain.

I use an OD to boost one of those amps, and it does agree with it. And it works on every model, without sounding like crap.