Page 1 of 2
i dont listen to metallica very much but when i heard this i thought it was pretty good why do the metallica fans always talk bad about it
have you... heard the album?
Nah, its okay. its just not up to metallicas standards.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
The songs aren't bad, but it definitely isn't their best album.

Also the producer needs to be shot, and Lars needs to learn the drums.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Because it was really bad compared to old Metallic.

Then again, I think anything from Black Album on sucked.
Spiral Out
People don't like songs that lack solos.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

I don't really like Metallica at all. I thought St. Anger was annoying when it first came out but I remember getting stoned with a friend of a friend who has Metallica as his favourite band and he put St. Anger on and it was actually quite good
Quote by aixelsydevahi

That's not true, you just have to know how to write a song.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

because it's all drop c crap. i'm not saying i don't like drop c, i just don't think metallica plays as well in drop c or as well as they did on the older albums. metallica's overrated anyway.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by aixelsydevahi

Or where the drums sound like cardboard boxes. Or when the lyrics are bad. Or when it really just sounds terrible from the first song to the last song. Or when James gets out of rehab and becomes a pansy. Or....you get my drift.
I stopped liking metallica years ago when i realized kirk sucks and james voice is annoying
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by WhiteHelljumper

You get the idea.

It's funny cause it's true.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Three main reasons in my opinion.

1) Guitars were all tuned down and everyone wanted to hear that old school metallica crunch. (in standard tuning!)

2) No guitar solos or even any wicked fast riffs. Really under utilizing Kirk Hammett's amazing guitar skills.

3) Drums sounded like shit. It sounded like Lars was playing on a $100 kit in a ****in tin can.
I don't really like any Metallica but the nu-metal factor in St. Anger was really awful.
The production is what ruined it for me.

They could have done so much better than that. I love the title track though.
Referring to the controversial, low-fi production on 2003's "St. Anger", Ulrich said that he's "taken the drums out of the cardboard boxes" this time, and that lead guitarist Kirk Hammett will have guitar solos on this record.
it sucked cuz it didnt sound like older metallica. Unlike pearl jam their new stuff sounds like their old stuff
Quote by HumanitysDeath
Because it was really bad compared to old Metallic.

Then again, I think anything from Black Album on sucked.

+1

metallica fans were made when they were well.. metal.. hence.. METALlica.
they changed their sound, and thus fans didn't like it. and if fans don't like it, you'll hear about it.
and then metallica went on saying "we play music for us. no one tells us what music to play."
way to be loyal to your fans.

they're only bringing back guitar solos and getting rid of "garbage can drums" because everything after black sucked and no one's buying anymore.
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
As an Alt. Rock/Metal album it was great but as a Metallica album......It was a monstrasity....It's a good album for new people who want some simple but heavy riffs to learn.(Dirty Window and Some Kind of Monster have the exact same notes in the melodies with slightly different rhythms.)
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Shea Donoghue
I loved the album. To me, it was their best one. But I hate all the stupid old shredding fast drums play as loud as you can stuff.

ok so you're a metallica fan.
just not the old metallica.

see how they can be divided?
they're basically two bands. new / old.

I don't see it being fair that the "old" fans can judge the "new" music and visa versa.

it's like comparing silverstein with megadeth. they're different, and it's pointless.
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Quote by Shea Donoghue
I loved the album. To me, it was their best one. But I hate all the stupid old shredding fast drums play as loud as you can stuff.

AHHHHH!!!....AHHHH!!! *points*....*stutters*......*points*.....Freak....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Metallica really needs him right now.

RIP Cliff Burton
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Throw a flash bang at him.
Quote by LadyHellraiser
basically, metallica sold themselves out to be well known to 'mainstream' society and write an album that 'everyone' can enjoy.

Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, Ride the Lightning, and Kill em All were great albums though.

I don't know if I'd agree with that, it was during the time period when the old school heavy music was coming back into the spotlight, either Metallica was late, or they'd just gone senile. I'm banking on them going senile.

And I thought everything after MoP except the Black Album were mediocre.
Dickless.
simple... just listen to their discography especially their first 4 albums and then st. anger... compare.... i'm sure you'll know why it sucks
Quote by MyGuitarAndMe

voodoo child - jimi hendrix (good song by a crap guitarist)
nothing else matters - metalica (closest they'll ever come to true metal)
can't stop - rhcp (john is not god)
fix you - coldplay (the shredding is top)
Quote by LadyHellraiser
you're back , hey.

Yeah but what about One? gotta love one..

That and The Frayed Ends of Sanity were the only ones that I really LOVED, the rest of the album was a bit of a letdown when I heard it. I still prefer it over most albums, but I wasn't blown away like when I heard the first 3. In general I felt that they got a bit slow and sloppy after Ride the Lightning.
Dickless.
Two words.

Bob Rock.

Yes I know he made them go number 1 with Black Album. But the man is a dick and killed Metallica and slowed them down and made them commercial as hell.

Just my opinion.
Quote by Doppleganger
Two words.

Bob Rock.

Yes I know he made them go number 1 with Black Album. But the man is a dick and killed Metallica and slowed them down and made them commercial as hell.

Just my opinion.

I almost forgot about that, I noticed that the 2 new songs have a very speed metal feel to them since they fired him, hopefully the new album will have less wah and more precise playing like on Kill 'Em All.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I almost forgot about that, I noticed that the 2 new songs have a very speed metal feel to them since they fired him, hopefully the new album will have less wah and more precise playing like on Kill 'Em All.

Yea, my guess is, as much as I respect Metallica and everything, the riffs will be cool and all the playing will be solid, but it sucks to say, James can never get his voice the way it was.. I already got used to his new sound but still.. it's just a shame.
Quote by Raijin.xiii
ok so you're a metallica fan.
just not the old metallica.

see how they can be divided?
they're basically two bands. new / old.

I don't see it being fair that the "old" fans can judge the "new" music and visa versa.

it's like comparing silverstein with megadeth. they're different, and it's pointless.

I agree with you, and personally i love the old and the new, yes they changed there sound alot but it doesn't change the fact that they are still the same good musicians making good music
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Metal-X
The songs aren't bad, but it definitely isn't their best album.

Also the producer needs to be shot, and Lars needs to learn the drums.

damn right. why does everyone think he's so great. he suks
because real metallica fans have heard black and kill em all...nuff said
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Why? Simply because it isn't the Metallica that everyone knows and loves and headbangs to.
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Quote by WhiteHelljumper
Metallica really needs him right now.

RIP Cliff Burton

One of the most metal motherfuckers to ever grace this planet.

And I think Metallica should change their name.

Nu-Metallica, perhaps?
Yes, yes it is. Infact you can't really describe that performance in a single word.
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:
anyone else notice that the film '300' is like... manowar: the movie?

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Metallurgy. Traditional Metal from Brisbane
http://www.myspace.com/metallurgy
Page 1 of 2