My present Line 6 amp is kind of dieing. I love it but I am getting way too much feedback. I was hopeing it was going to last a bit longer but it has been sometime. I am feeling this amp however and it comes with a footswitch too for the built in affects. It makes band practice kind of hard when I can't get really loud considering I am lead guitar. So, if I am in a metal band as a lead guitarist, would this be good for me and then I can work on good effects pedals that this amp does n't offer.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--CRAGLX212

Opinions?
Last edited by Scarchest at Mar 14, 2007,
That amp is pretty crappy.

Save up for a tube amp.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
personally every crate I have ever played on sounds terrible, I could never get the sound I wanted when I was trying them out when I was buying an amp a couple of years ago, I dont know maybe they got better since then. But then again it is my opinion. Personally I wouldn't ask for peoples opinions on here because you are going to get people that say get it and then people that say it sucks, my advice is to find a store that has them, and try it out, then decide for yourself, dont let other people tell you what to buy, because you have to be happy with it, not the other way around...go and try it out, then make a decision for yourself
My Current Rig
--------------------

Amp
----------
Ibanez TB100R Amplifier
Legion 4x12 angled cab

Guitars
----------
Ibanez PF Acoustic
Ibanez AX120
Squier Strat
Schecter C1XXX

Effects
----------
Line6 PodXTLive
I can pretty much afford anything under 1000. If I do get a Tube Amp, I want one with can offer me effects built into the amp like the Line 6 but when I use pedal effects they will sound good too.
Hmm, Just FYI, single effect pedals will sound a mile better than what you have on the spider...

The only effect that will really be on a tube amp is a reverb effect or something..other than that, that's basically it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
what kind of line 6 do you have...cuz I would suggest getting the Spider III 150, it sounds great, and the effects sound good too(which you already know about). Its a good amp, Ive played on it many times, im not sure how it works with external pedals, but I would imagine it would sound great, either way.
My Current Rig
--------------------

Amp
----------
Ibanez TB100R Amplifier
Legion 4x12 angled cab

Guitars
----------
Ibanez PF Acoustic
Ibanez AX120
Squier Strat
Schecter C1XXX

Effects
----------
Line6 PodXTLive
Quote by bgroen
what kind of line 6 do you have...cuz I would suggest getting the Spider III 150, it sounds great, and the effects sound good too(which you already know about). Its a good amp, Ive played on it many times, im not sure how it works with external pedals, but I would imagine it would sound great, either way.

I am not interested in Line 6 at all anymore. I have outgrown them.
You may want to check out the Crate V-series line of amps.

http://www.crateamps.com/html/series.cfm?sid=2

And the new Mark II series
http://www.crateamps.com/html/series.cfm?sid=18

I own the first one in the 50 watt 2x12, and its great although the built in FX lack. The cleans are very nice and the distortion can be come "Rectoish" with a retube. I've gigged and practiced with this amp many times and have run up to 7 effects in front of it. Its held up.
fender makes some pretty good tube amps, and so does peavey, randall also,
here is a randall with a tube preamp and digital effects
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG200DG3-G3-Series-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480337

randalls are great for metal
My Current Rig
--------------------

Amp
----------
Ibanez TB100R Amplifier
Legion 4x12 angled cab

Guitars
----------
Ibanez PF Acoustic
Ibanez AX120
Squier Strat
Schecter C1XXX

Effects
----------
Line6 PodXTLive
Ahhh, that is the amp for me most definently! Thanks bgroen! You are truely a wise soul. Thanks for all the help people.
Quote by Scarchest
Ahhh, that is the amp for me most definently! Thanks bgroen! You are truely a wise soul. Thanks for all the help people.

you are welcome, hope you enjoy, when you do get it
My Current Rig
--------------------

Amp
----------
Ibanez TB100R Amplifier
Legion 4x12 angled cab

Guitars
----------
Ibanez PF Acoustic
Ibanez AX120
Squier Strat
Schecter C1XXX

Effects
----------
Line6 PodXTLive
That's not really a tube amp; it's just another hybrid modeling amp.

If you really want to use effects, buy something like a Randall RG50TC or a B-52 AT-112 and then buy single effects pedals (which sound miles better than multi fx/amp fx).

What effects do you want?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Peavey Super EFX 40 got effects, I've heard they sound ok...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Scarchest
I am not interested in Line 6 at all anymore. I have outgrown them.

Well what do you really mean by that? There are lots of professionals out there who use line 6...

Also, I can't see a reason why your amp would give you uncontrollable feedback. Maybe its your cable or your guitar? Those are much MUCH more likely to give you feedback and noise problems than your completely digital amplifier.
I played Bass through it for a while and that screwed it up a bit but it's not like my pacemaker makes me amp buzz or anything and my cables are fine.
Quote by Scarchest
I played Bass through it for a while and that screwed it up a bit but it's not like my pacemaker makes me amp buzz or anything and my cables are fine.

Get a new speaker?
Quote by utsapp89
Nah, it's not just that. I opened it up with my friend and we found a whole bunch of stuff wrong with it. The tweeter is about to die and other stuff. He said just buy a new amp pretty much.
The Crate V Series is all tube and has effects.

Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
That's not really a tube amp; it's just another hybrid modeling amp.

If you really want to use effects, buy something like a Randall RG50TC or a B-52 AT-112 and then buy single effects pedals (which sound miles better than multi fx/amp fx).

What effects do you want?

Don't get the Randall RG50tc. I played it and it wasn't that good. Most reviews on it are horrible too.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix