i was reading on wikipedia a list of unusual deaths and one that was listed was

1976: Keith Relf, former singer for British rhythm and blues band The Yardbirds, died while practicing his electric guitar, electrocuted because the guitar was not properly grounded.

i was wondering if this was possible since i read in another thread that electric guitars barely have any electricity in them
It's Wikipedia. For all you know Kermit the Frog could've written that.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i hope that i die while playing some massive festical when my bass and amp explode. that would kick
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Quote by Bass Cat
i hope that i die while playing some massive festical when my bass and amp explode. that would kick

kick what?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Bass Cat

Festical? That sounds disgusting.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I once wammied so hard at a pub thatone nearby local's head exploded. The charges of manslaughter were dropped, though, because of lack of evidence.

But the pub owners DID sue me for the damages.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
I wanna have my high E string snap and slit my throat. that would be ace
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
John Pettrucci can play so fast that it kills people
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by paulvxD

Reported for advertising.

And that story is true. I heard it awhile ago.

PanEdit - Don't quote him, silly.
Last edited by Pan-Tallica at Mar 14, 2007,
I have been shocked while playing an old guitar before. But I don't think you can die from just being shocked alone by the guitar, there has to be something else.
my guitar electrocutes me all the time..just not enough to kill me. If my left hand is muting the strings and i go to use the mouse and my wrist touches my desk then i get a shock/buzzy feeling in my wrist.The guitar is a squier though so thats probably why
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
haha my buddy passed out and had to go to the hospital because he played for like 26 hours straight. he even went without food or drink.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by penguin-pirate
haha my buddy passed out and had to go to the hospital because he played for like 26 hours straight. he even went without food or drink.

That's just hardcore.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Atomic_gerbil
Yeah, we should all trust wikipedia.

ya y0uz guyz!!1!!1111
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Maybe he had a nice guitar and was playing fallout boy and the guitar decided to kill him. He got what he deserved.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
I remember hearing about this a few years ago.I was informed that the guy just got out of the shower so he was still a little wet when he picked up his guitar and started playing.The amp was not grounded and he was electrocuted.

I don't know if that is accually how it happened but thats what I remember being told.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Whats with all the pointless, off topic, random posts?
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
I've been shocked before with really old guitar amps.
I had an old Gibson Skylark amp that didn't have good grounds and my palm got zapped bad when I rested it on my strat's bridge.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
That's probably not good for your hard drive, you should make sure not to shock your computer when that happens

it only shocks me when i touch my computer desk not my mouse and even if it did it when i did touch my mouse its wireless so no big deal
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Maybe its the technology back then...

Forum Archives / About / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2006