Page 1 of 2
They caused global warming..
They started wars...
So do you think humans are the most dangerous thing on Earth?

Why or why not!
I doing a debate and I have to debate against the above...so help
Last edited by D_y_p26 at Mar 14, 2007,
Yeah, pretty much the most dangerous living thing.

EDIT: You should be saying "we". "They" implies that you are not one of us, and you're not human.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
humans didnt cause global warming, its a natural process

but considering were at the top of the food chain we are the most dangerous things on earth
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

yeah they are, i'm mean the're practically killing the rest of us...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

but considering were at the top of the food chain we are the most dangerous things on earth

We didn't cause it be we are certainly contributing to it.

And yeah, I guess we all kinda suck.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by Alex88
Yep, the dumbest to.
Well, if you can measure stupidity by a lack of proper grammar...
Quote by x_thurston_x
yeah they are, i'm mean the're practically killing the rest of us...

"they're" not WE ARE

even if everyone says that the human is the most smart animal (yeah people, we are animals) just because the use inelligence instead of instinct, sometimes it either too much or not enough thinking
Nah, I think those damned lemurs are more dangerous. They're like the quiet kid in the back of the class. You don't pay attention until BAM! Brings a sawed off shottie to class and shoots the class guinea pig.

Lemur goes sst sst!
Quote by deluxity
"they're" not WE ARE

even if everyone says that the human is the most smart animal (yeah people, we are animals) just because the use inelligence instead of instinct, sometimes it either too much or not enough thinking

WELL SORRY!!!

GEEZE...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by happytimeharry
Nah, I think those damned lemurs are more dangerous. They're like the quiet kid in the back of the class. You don't pay attention until BAM! Brings a sawed off shottie to class and shoots the class guinea pig.

Lemur goes sst sst!

LOL
Ron Paul 2008
Quote by Alex88
Yep, the dumbest to.

haha... Thanks for proving yourself right!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by D_y_p26
They caused global warming.. No
They started wars... Yes
So do you think humans are the most dangerous thing on Earth?

Just stupid people are dangerous.
I'm scared of spiders.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Hippos? i mean....they can get hungry, Those damn Hungry Hungry Hippos.
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
No, I think volcanoes, earthquakes, tornadoes, and any other natural disaster has us beat.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by snwpaint32
Hippos? i mean....they can get hungry, Those damn Hungry Hungry Hippos.

you are not funny...
Brings a sawed off shottie to class and shoots the class guinea pig.
LMAO! Sawed off...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Actually if you want to get technical, the human mind is the most dangerous thing. Humans are not things. The human mind is the most complex "thing" on earth and can be most destructive.

Although, natural disasters probably could kill more people... Don't know.
They pretty much are. But I think debates like this are kind of pointless. I mean we naturally evolved just like everything else. I don't see why we think we're so special compared to all the other organisms on the earth...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
They pretty much are. But I think debates like this are kind of pointless. I mean we naturally evolved just like everything else. I don't see why we think we're so special compared to all the other organisms on the earth...

Because we ARE special compared to everything else. Why? Because we can easily communicate with each other.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
We have war, biological weapons, nuclear weapons, homemade weapons to our name. We also kill each other, fight too much, and make the world a worse place to live in, and not to mention that we affect pretty much every creature, tear down their homes, ruin ecosystems, speed up global warming, and have regular genocides against our own kind. Of course we are the most dangerous thing on Earth
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

Good luck finding more than about 8 actual experts in the field that'll say that (many more would admit that it's a possibility; but that's what being a scientist is).

Dumbass.

Why do people think they know more about science than, um, scientists?
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
yeah as a whole the human population is just kind of one mistake up after another. we are more dangerous because we don't really harmonize with nature like other species do. our existence seems to only disrupt the delicate natural balances in the world. intelligence without wisdom is a hazardous combination. overall, our extinction would probably be best for the planet. i'm not volunteering though...
Member #19 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.
humans suck... period. sorry but come on. we take everything else and use it for our advantage. animals for slavery for example. we force horses to carry us, cows/pigs to feed us, the list goes on. humans kind of piss me off in general.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Quote by jammoe
Good luck finding more than about 8 actual experts in the field that'll say that (many more would admit that it's a possibility; but that's what being a scientist is).

Dumbass.

I'll bet money that you aren't a scientist either...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Quote by happytimeharry

Lemur goes sst sst!

..Ostrich go, BEH! Koala go klk klk klk
Quote by D_y_p26
cuz we have high IQ

agreed, it's like having an awesome car, you might have a *insert extremely expensive car name here* and suck at driving
Quote by jammoe

Dumbass.

Actually, global warming and cooling is a natural process. We live in a dynamic world. Think of the last ice age. What most scientists argue though is that we have helped to make the warming trend a little more extreme and so some people are worried that the effects will be intensified.

Also, it is my personal opinion that it's a good idea to question what we are told by scientists. They are humans who make mistakes after all. (ie eugenics)
Member #19 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.
Quote by D_y_p26
you are not funny...

Yeah well, what can you do, seriously though... humans are the most dangerous animal in my opinion as we have the ability to "civilize" and build nations which then leads into different territories, which leads to the expansion of those territories,thus resulting in war from the conquering of other nations territories for the great cause of whatever that nation is trying to uphold.
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
No, humans are not the most dangerous creatures. Things that humans have invente are, however, the most dangerous thing we know of.

pepsi
Quote by boba fett
Actually, global warming and cooling is a natural process. We live in a dynamic world. Think of the last ice age. What most scientists argue though is that we have helped to make the warming trend a little more extreme and so some people are worried that the effects will be intensified.

Also, it is my personal opinion that it's a good idea to question what we are told by scientists. They are humans who make mistakes after all. (ie eugenics)

exactly. historians theorize that there have been 9 ice ages in our past. So, where did that ice go? It didn't just go away. The earth gets colder and it gets hotter. Also, haven't volcaninc eruptions like the Mount St Helens eruption put more Co2 in the air then humans ever have?

Remember, scientists at one time were convinced the earth was flat and that the sun orbited us. Who knows what things we think now that people will look back on us and laugh at.

Anyway, humans have caused a lot of destruction but in the same time they've caused a lot of amazing things. Animals aren't cute and cuddly either, they're savage in their own right.
Last edited by Spamwise at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by PieceOfMind666
I'll bet money that you aren't a scientist either...

I'm not. Which is why I depend on those that ARE experts for information. I'm really not in a place to be doing climate experiments, but because of that, I'm in no place to criticize the findings of those that are.

Quote by boba fett

If you're referring to the general term "climate change", then yes it is a natural process, and is complex enough that it just about always involves multiple factors. Also remember though that global average temperature is not a simple, linear process, and hence any small changes (or indeed large changes) we cause can, and I must stress can, have large effects. That this is what has occurred is generally the consensus among those with most direct access to the data and intelligent interpretations thereof.

Quote by boba fett

"Eugenics" is an ideology, not a science. The reverse is true of contemporary beliefs about climate change, despite what some groups seem to think.

The nature of science is one supportive of questioning. The value of our scientific knowledge comes from the fact that it is consistently challenged, by many individuals in the field who know what they're talking about. That's how it works. But I'm sick and fucking tired of "economists" and various proud right-wingers assuming that their political interests hold any sway over the nature of the data. There are actual educated climate scientists currently at work challenging consensus, and their work is valuable, but it is not valid to suggest that everyone has an equal access to the truth.

It's also worth mentioning, having said all this, that the "scientific community" is hardly some closed elite. This is the other safeguard. Anyone willing to spend the time and energy required to acquire the necessary knowledge is able to hold sway over other valid opinions. But simply deciding you're a better person because you disagree with people who actually know what they're talking about is stupid.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Yes. Metacognition and superior cognitive ability make us far more dangerous than any other animal. I have no problem with that.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by yawn
No, papercuts are.

no butt secks with stallions is. read the butt secks with horse thread
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger