A'ight, seems John Frusciante uses this a lot and i really like his tone and since I'm gonna be painting my guitar, I might as well figure out what I want to do with it. I want to put a killswitch and maybe the EMG PA-2.

So about the phase switch, what's it do? Where can you get it from and is it hard to install?

Thanks folks
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
if your talking about a in-phase/out-of-phase toggle, it is just a switch between running the coils in series or parallel, and if you dont know anything about electronics and wiring I wouldn't try it. Instead of the PA-2 I would just get a pedal, I mean unless you cant bring a pedal board with you a pedal can offer the exact same thing except much more customizable.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
A phase switch is easy peasy. All you need is a DPDT switch.

I can get you a digram, all I need to know is what kind of pickups you have?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
As of now, they are the stock pups in my grg270dx but when i'm gonna make the change, i'm gonna put in a SD jb with either a jazz or a '59. probably the jazz and the single coil in the middle will be stock unless i have some cash left over.
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
The stocks you have in there CAN NOT do it, For the reason that they arn't split coil able. Both of those SD's can, However. It's not hard to do, But it's easy to mess up. You NEED to get a diagram and you NEED to know how to read it! You can use anything from a small switch, to a push-pull pot, To a rotary switch that will put possiblites out the ROOF! ( Danelctro knew what he was doing. ) With the EMG-PA, Get a pedal. Those aren't the best pick ups, And alot of things can go wrong with them. ( If you don't want a pedal, Look into On board Active Preamps. ) And. Lastly, The switch changes the tone minutely, and the way the amp reacts to your playing. Another spin off of this is Series/Parrell switches.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
are there any phase switches that i can get that are american made that i can install on a telecaster? not only that, i'm looking also for a preamp switch and an overdrive to install on my guitar, i really need to know where to find these...any suggestions as to where?