If your refering to a speaker cabinet it is, in layman terms, a box with speakers in it. It is connected to a head that contains the pre-amp, poweramp and all the electronics. A head and one cab is a half-stack, a head and two cabs is a full stack.
What houses the speakers in a stack [full or half, or wall of doom in zakk wylde's case]
go to your kitchen .. get a plate... and you'll know what a cabinet is
I play bass!
Quote by backupbass1
go to your kitchen .. get a plate... and you'll know what a cabinet is

Jackson Ke3 Kelly
Dean Exotica Acoustic
Gibson SG
Line 6 Spider II
Digitech Death Metal
Dunlop Cry-Baby From Hell

Soon to have a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
A cabinet (in guitar terms) is the well...cabinet that holds the speakers and you connect an amp head to. Best I can do lol

pepsi
Holy lord. I'be never, In my carrer, EVER, Heard this question. It's perfectly alrigh, Though... Yeah, all these answers plus...

A cabinet is a wooden ( Or plexiglass ) box, Either enclosed or open, Designed to flavor and/or house speakers. If you want a more detailed answer, Ask again.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
The fact this question is even ask makes me further doubt the superiority of humanity over animals...
Quote by Thurisaz
The fact this question is even ask makes me further doubt the superiority of humanity over animals...

So wrong, Man. So wrong...
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
Hey assholes, there was a time in everyone's life when they didn't know what a cabinet is.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Thurisaz

Shut up.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by subliminaldelta
Shut up.

..||., <-- sit on it and rotate. Kthxbye
come on guys.

like said, it is a box that holds speakers. a head usually sits on top of it. the head holds the amp guts. the cab holds the speakers. that's a half stack.

sometimes there are two cabs, one on top of each other. a full stack.

this is all spelled out wt pics at the top of the accessories section, in an amp sticky. page 1.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Read the stickies in Guitar Gear and Accessories. They're informative, and were stickied for a reason.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál