my mom was just standing behind me while I watched the video, and this is what she had to say,
"Wow, that's painful"

edit: I watched she will be loved
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i only watched basketcase and holiday.. but your picking.. it so .. . robotronic... (yes ..school of rock) anyway. loosen up your wrist .. pivot your wrist .. not your whole arm... also your fingers.. spread em out..they gotta flow.. good left hand bass movement is all about staying in one position on the fretboard ..and not using one finger ..and moving it all over.. thats why when you play the bass lick when billie joe goes into his political chant there... it sounds choppy and gross.... so move those fingers..use all four.. and smoothen out your picking and you'll be good.. ever try playing with your fingers?
I play bass!
I do but I'm not good at alternating and I didn't want people to say that I needed to use more than one finger :P but yea I am working on that
------------4----5----------------------------------11------------------
--------3-------------6-----------------------10------------------------
----2----------------------7--------------9------------------------------
-1------------------------------8----8-----------------------------------

do that a bunch of times... then go all over the neck .. eventually returning back to the first fret. .. that will train your fingers
I play bass!