I really do hope this falls into the forum catagory .

Anyway, I'm about to take off the strings on my guitar and It's starting to age (which is sort of a good and bad thing). I want to clean it up.

Now, let's see--I was wondering If I could clean my pick up covers..what's the proper way to do that? And also, my fretboard...I know I'll need some lemon oil or whatever, but is there an alternative to clean it?

Thanks.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
What's teh problem ol' pal?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
What's your fretboard made out of. I'm guessing not maple, so you could bust out the lemon oil if you wanted.

I've never had a guitar with pickup covers (even though they are freakin sexy) so I can't really help you there. Whatever you use, make sure you spray it onto a cloth and not on the pickup; spraying random chemicals into the electrical parts of your guitar is not a good idea.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^

My fretboard is rosewood.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
yeah I would have to say to stick with the lem oil. Just spray some on a cloth and wipe that on your fretboard. Let that sit for a minute or two (the longer you leave it, the shinier it will be) I think but it might be the other way around. Anyway then wipe it off with a dry rag and polish it a bit. Before you do that though you should get a toothpick and LIGHTLY scrape out the dirt and grime in the edges of the frets. While you have your strings off you should also consider getting your headstock all clean and dust-free because this is a massive pain in the ass to do while the strings are on. Nothing special just dust it off and wipe off the fingerprints. As for the pickup covers, I would suggest using some very mild type of water-based solevant and maybe even dilute it if you thing it's too strong. Spray a small amount on a rag and wipe that on the covers this way you won't have dangerous drips and it will be easier to clean up. Make sure to wipe it off nice and clean when you're done so you don't get any streaks. Your guitar will feel like a whole new instrument. Good luck. PM me if you have any questions.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Last edited by GuitarFreak664 at Mar 14, 2007,
^Thanks a lot man.

I'll get a cloth and dip it in some water right now!

edit: Dang, so much streaks!!! D:

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Last edited by Jinskee at Mar 14, 2007,