Page 1 of 2
If you could play for a few hours, with any guitarist or musician, could be drummer or who ever, who would it be?

Mine would be Angus Young. He's so charismatic, and even when he runs around, he executes perfectly. It would just be a lot of fun.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Paul Gilbert. He's a nice guy, unlike Malmsteen.

And a much better guitarist.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
goatslullaby... Just no.

Besides Yngwie would probably just make you look like shit and make fun of you while he wiggles his fat and plays 1 millionfafillyzillion notes per second.
if i was better on the guitar ( which i will be sooner or later) it would be alexi laiho of CoB because hes such a badass when hes playing. I used to like angus young alot but i started to like more complex and 'METAL' sounding music a while back
Quote by Owen56
goatslullaby... Just no.

Besides Yngwie would probably just make you look like shit and make fun of you while he wiggles his fat and plays 1 millionfafillyzillion notes per second.

Who cares... Plus if you knew anything about him you would know hes skinny now.
Quote by ChurchNSkate

You know Malmsteen personally?
Quote by ChurchNSkate

And Paul Gilbert???
Not to mention how many people have totaly cloned and ripped off his style of play.
I would love to meet a lot of musicians...

First and foremost, Slash. He's one of those musicians that inspired me and that are still inspiring me to play guitar...

I would like to meet Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, and Satch...but I'm afraid if they'll suddenly grab a guitar out of their pockets and some roadie comes out of nowhere and brings their 10K rig and starts shredding me to pieces...

Hey, it can happen >_>.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
BB king, and then i could talk with such a great person (and maybe play with lucille for a while)
Steve Vai so I can get some learnin'. >_>
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
Alive or dead I hope, cos I'm saying Jeff Buckley.

Come on, that would be awesome.

And possibly Jesus. Think about it.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
Robert Johnson. How amazing would that be?
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, or Jimmy Page... too hard to decide.
My gear:
-Fender Jaguar HH
-Fender Fat Strat
-Guild GAD-G212
-Washburn D33S
-Vox AC30CC1 tube amp
-Vox 847 wah
-EH Big Muff
-EH Double Muff
-EH POG
-EH Small Clone
Steve Vai He seems like a nice person and isnt like that egoistical yngwie fag.
+ I think he would teach me something cool P:
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Josh Homme so I could laugh at his cheap ass overdubbing recording style then run away before he beats the crap out of me.

If I was being serious i'd say... Maybe Omar A Rodriguez Lopez (The Mars Volta) Billy Howerdell (A Perfect Circle/Former Tool guitar tech) or John Petrucci.
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez AS73
Ibanez TB100H + TB412A
I would love to meet a lot of musicians...

First and foremost, Slash. He's one of those musicians that inspired me and that are still inspiring me to play guitar...QUOTE]

I was going to answer Slash. He is indeed one awesome freaking guitarist. BUT! I have to think to my passion, The blues. And then, I have to think to my style, Texas R&B. And who better than Stevie Ray Vaughan. He's more of a solo player, Though. God rest his soul, But a jam session with that man would have made my day.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
Quote by Lagrance
Steve Vai He seems like a nice person and isnt like that egoistical yngwie fag.
+ I think he would teach me something cool P:

Steve Vai comes across as a nice guy, but aparently he is a complete ass to his road crew etc.... Yngwie is very misunderstood, and hes definatly not gay.... If you could play half as good as him im sure you would be as bad or worse...
I remember reading in an article that Yngwie pretty much sends up the whole ego thing.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
At the end of the day its not like we're living with this people, they are our friends ect ect... The music is all that matters in the end.
Quote by Silky Smooth
At the end of the day its not like we're living with this people, they are our friends ect ect... The music is all that matters in the end.

Amen, Brudda. ( But, a cocky guitarist is just as bad as a off-beat drummer. =D )
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
Haha true I am a drummer at heart so I know what its like. The drummers got it the toughest hahah. Couple missed licks playing guitar no big deal... you slip out of time put a crash in the wrong place yiiikes.
Quote by bobbyj84
If you could play for a few hours, with any guitarist or musician, could be drummer or who ever, who would it be?

Mine would be Angus Young. He's so charismatic, and even when he runs around, he executes perfectly. It would just be a lot of fun.

Well speaking of Angus Young, how's this for having your priorities out of whack? My cousin has actually met the man, actually got himself an invite to a party at the man's house, and regrets getting caught up in a converstation with him, cos it cost him a chance to get laid.

Rock stars have families like everyone else, and their children go off to school, and have friends over for parties, and the case of Angus's daughter those friends included my cousin, who was trying to get with her, and another friend of his who was along for the ride.

So my cuz goes to the man's house, and is happily trying to hit on this girl, when he gets sidetracked into a musical discussion with Angus. Meanwhile his friend sees the opportunity and moves in on the girl (friends can be bastards like that). Anyways, after talking music with the guy for a while, he gets given some tabbed out riffs that Angus was working on and discarded, but missed out on his chance of getting any tail.

Now for a chance to sit and drink beer and talk music with Angus Young I'd happily give up sex for at least a month, and to have pages of un-used AC/DC riffs written in Angus's own hand, I'd make it 6, but my cousin has different priorities than me and sees that as a poor consolation prize.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti at Mar 15, 2007,
Marty Friedman!

he is an awsome metal guitarist (megadeth, cacophony) and has some beautiful solo stuff (scenes, dragons kiss)
Quote by deluxity
BB king, and then i could talk with such a great person (and maybe play with lucille for a while)

I played Lucille in the Hard Rock volt in London.

I would like to play with Les Paul.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
Steve Vai, hands down.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Mikael Åkerfeldt. Or Grant Nicholas. Possibly Claudio Sanchez.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
well i`m in a bigger shit then any of you guys because J.Lee Hooker is dead...with who will i play now?
Jimi Hendrix, Gilmour, and maybe Santana.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by goatslullaby
Steve Vai comes across as a nice guy, but aparently he is a complete ass to his road crew etc.... Yngwie is very misunderstood, and hes definatly not gay.... If you could play half as good as him im sure you would be as bad or worse...

If you think playing just as fast as you can with no melody is playing good, you should go to a hospital and check for optional serious brain damage.

BTW, I would ike to jam with Knopfler and Clapton. That'd be very nice
kurt cobain, jsut because, for some reason, just wanted to punch him in the face.
buy seriosly, my dream would be to play with my biggest musical influence, Ray Charles.
If it's alive or dead, then I'd choose Stevie Ray Vaughan. I'd pick him above Hendrix because there was a period when you could chat to him because he wasn't off his tits

If it's alive, then Paul Gilbert.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
For me it would have to be George Lynch.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Page 1 of 2