Has the Marshall AVT275X been discontinued? I was looking into the AVT series and was wondering how much the AVT275X costs. It is on the Marshall website but I cant find it on Zzounds or Musicians Friend.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
*shrug* They are overrated and overpriced, IMO. If it's still on the Marshall website, it's probably still "active".

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^^ haha i dunno really. im just looking for a good sounding amp. i dont care if its hybrid or full tube. both sound good. i liked the AVT series and thought it sounded good if you have time to tweak it. i looked at a Peavey XXX half stack for a LONG time and still am. id either like a half stack or 212 combo.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
how many of those things do you have? i think im just gonna get a Line 6 PODXT Live since i play such a wide variety and stick with my amp i have now and get a Fender Blues Junior later. im either gonna get a Arctic White Fender MIM strat with maple fretboard or Line 6 PODXT Live.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
They are overrated and overpriced, IMO. If it's still on the Marshall website, it's probably still "active".

I'm hearing this a lot. I guess Marshall would be overpriced no matter what they sell...because the name brand has good history. But are hybrids really over-rated? And what would be a good comparison to the AVT in the same price range and sound?

I can't get enough of those cat pics.

It's caturday! : D
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by AGL23
I'm hearing this a lot. I guess Marshall would be overpriced no matter what they sell...because the name brand has good history. But are hybrids really over-rated? And what would be a good comparison to the AVT in the same price range and sound?

Which price range? (there are a lot of AVTs ).
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by AGL23

i dont know the prices but Randall makes some REALLY good solid state amps. more on the heavy metal side but still have good sound. this forum is filled with "tube is the best solid state sucks" idiots that people really dont know what hybrid/solid state can be good. yes tube is better as far as tone and everything but solid state does have its high points. dimebag darrel played solid state amps on all of panteras albums. scott ian uses randall solid state stacks. im not saying that solid state is better than tube, im saying that its not as horrible as everyone says it to be. everyone on this site is so brainwashed into that. but yes solid state marshalls sound like ass.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
There are plenty of good solid state/hybrid amps.

Marshall just doesn't sell any .
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
There are plenty of good solid state/hybrid amps.

Marshall just doesn't sell any .

thank god theres someone else on here that doesnt think that "tubes are best all solid state sucks"
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
yes tube is better as far as tone and everything but solid state does have its high points. dimebag darrel played solid state amps on all of panteras albums. scott ian uses randall solid state stacks. im not saying that solid state is better than tube, im saying that its not as horrible as everyone says it to be.

That's so true.....I get that vibe....NOTHING but..."TUBES ARE THE BEST".....I'm going to try different amps out...and see how it actually sounds. It's just easier to get opinions on UG then to try out amps and actually get a feel for it. But because of people saying that ss sucks, I just thought they aren't worth buying. I'm going out right now...
Those are some of the most relevent cats to UG i've seen so far.

WAIT A MINUTE GUYZZZZ!

DID SOMEONE SAY, RELEVANT CAT?

more cats.

anyway, most people will tell you to avoid the marshall avt series. I'm one of them. Most people who tell you they sound "just like a real tube amp" have either never tried a real tube amp, have never tried one at the volume they're meant to be played at, or are secretly working for marshall.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?