EDIT: I just ended up getting the NYC big muff.

So which is better for like classic rock, rhcp, and wolfmotherish type fuzz? Is the little big muff made in NYC and is it true that you need a noise gate pedal to use it?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Mar 15, 2007,
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha rhcp fuzz??? hehehehehehehe classic mate truly classic hehehehehe anywho....you dont need a noise gate but Andrew from Wolfmother uses an old school boss fuzz (not sure of name) with an overdrive pedal to get a really pushed sound
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
Quote by renegadeo6o6
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha rhcp fuzz??? hehehehehehehe classic mate truly classic hehehehehe anywho

cause it's not like John Frusciante actually uses a big muff on most of his solos or anything like that.

I've never played the little big muff, but i've got the russian model. It's works fine for all of those. I've also played the full size American muff and it sounds a bit better. I don't know if the mini will be the same.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i think john frickincrustyface is a stoner
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
Quote by renegadeo6o6
i think john frickincrustyface is a stoner

still a good musician

why are you going to choose between those pedals?, IMO the american big muff is better than both
i prefer the russian muff the USA muff is nice too, dont like the little big muff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by deluxity
still a good musician

why are you going to choose between those pedals?, IMO the american big muff is better than both

Actually the little one has more stars on MF. Problem w/ getting the american is that i also need to order a 1 spot to power my pedals and all i have is $100. Please dont tell me to save up, i dont have a job right now. The $100 is money leftover from a snowboarding trip and im choosing to spend it on guitar gear.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i prefer the russian muff the USA muff is nice too, dont like the little big muff.

Would u mind explaining why u dont like it?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Would u mind explaining why u dont like it?

i just dont like the way it sounds, personnaly i would try all three of them before making a decision.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i just dont like the way it sounds, personnaly i would try all three of them before making a decision.

Problem is i have to order tomorrow and the closest shops are about an hour away, neither of which carry any electro harmonix.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Problem is i have to order tomorrow and the closest shops are about an hour away, neither of which carry any electro harmonix.

do they have any other fuzz pedals? if they do go try them, if they don't , go to youtube and search for reviews from those pedal

IMO the little big muff is better
American Big Muff (not little)

I can get all those tones great with my Russian Muff, but not by itself, I need to run one of my OD's with it to make it sound great.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I read in a guitar mag that Andrew stockdale of wolfmother used a NYC big muff and a Roland jazz chorus on their original EP

I'm guessing the jazz chorus has now changed, but not sure about the muff
^I read that mag too!

His amp has changed a lot on his past few tours, from Marshall, Vox, and now Orange.

And he did use a Muff for a few album songs, but he doesn't use it live, he uses his Xotic AC Booster.
Don't be afraid to care"

Wait is the Russian muff the one with the black casing and yellow letters?
Also isn't it made by a company called Sovtek?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Wait is the Russian muff the one with the black casing and yellow letters?
Also isn't it made by a company called Sovtek?

yes, and the owner of EHX also owns Sovtek, so its released under the EHX, EHX tube are also made by Sovtek.

Last.fm
The best classic rock fuzz IMO is the Fulltone Soul Bender. Led Zeppelin in a box.
I heard Gilmour used the Sovtek one, I want one really badly and I saw it in the store a day or to back but it said EHX instead of Sovtek so I though it was just another Big Muff. I was so close I could have gotten it. Too late now I guess...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Okay, i went ahead and just got an EHX NYC big muff off of ebay. Practically brand new and i got it for $46 +10$ shipping. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by Rockstar12345
so if i bought a roger mayer fuzz, can i get big muff gilmour lead sounds outta it?

No.
Don't be afraid to care"