Mick Mars
0 0%
Randy Rhodes
6 21%
Toni Iommi
0 0%
Voters: 29.
Page 1 of 2
ok i dont think theres been a post about this but i dont care, im a noob so i dont know. so....heres the poll
R O C K

www.myspace.com/jimmywoody

KISS ARMY 4EVER

"Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold"
Not again...

Quote by born2raizehell
ok i dont think theres been a post about this
You're kidding, right?
no thank you
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
theres been about 50 posts like this hsant there?...see this is why i dont do forums.
R O C K

KISS ARMY 4EVER

There can never be a winner, OK? The only winner is the company that repairs my walls after I punch them in frustration from seeing another one of these threads.
Close this thread NOW. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
ok, ok, sorry ya freakin spazes. im a NOOB its not my fault, my mom smoked crack when she was pregnant wiht me damn...
R O C K

KISS ARMY 4EVER

Why hasn't anybody made an official list yet, or a only best guitarist?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
thats actually a very good list of guitar players. lets see how u and the, stack up side by side
R O C K

KISS ARMY 4EVER

lol
its a good list if Clapton is on there.
but u need Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rory Gallagher, and Duane Allman.
so yea. thread shall be closed.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
um ok its cuz no one has heard of those guys. and i know im gonna get a BUNCH of crap for eddie not being on the and mick mars made it. its late. there theres my excuse
R O C K

KISS ARMY 4EVER

see this aint THAT bad of a poll if people are actually voting on it
R O C K

KISS ARMY 4EVER

Quote by born2raizehell
um ok its cuz no one has heard of those guys.

dude, those are 3 of the most respected players ever.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
ok, im like mentally retarded, so if u dont be such a ********** that would be great. thnx
R O C K

KISS ARMY 4EVER

Stevie Ray Vaughn WAS considered the last guitar hero. Rolling Stone put out an issue talking about new guitar gods. John Mayer is pretty good, and Frusciante is f-in amazing. Don't know the other guy personally. Your list is mostly just a bunch of famous hard rock/metal guitarists. What about shredders such as Satriani or Malmsteem? Or B.B. King. Your list blows.
Dude, no EVH? I don't care how late it is, I could outplay Mick Mars. Oh and CC Deville
Also, did you seriously think no UG'er had ever made a "Greatest Guitarist ever" thread??
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
MY list blows?!?!!? omg b.b. king sucks. i bet he couldnt play a single good riff. of course its all metal/rock stuff, all other stuff blows dogs for quarters
R O C K

KISS ARMY 4EVER

u shouldn't make a list of only 10 or so, i think someone should make a final complete poll of EVERY guitarist that is good enough to be up there. I don't think this list is crap, it's a decent list but none of the newer players appreciate it. B.B. King makes in on less the 1/4 of these lists which is a crime because of how genius he was. He's not my favorite but he deserves some merit.

So someone make a list of EVERY guitarist then we can all vote, and whoever wins that, then it makes sense to deem that person the best.
dude mick mars OWNS you!
R O C K

KISS ARMY 4EVER

yeah its a pretty descent list so anyone who thinks any of them suck, theyre at least ten times better then you. so...yeah **** off.
R O C K

KISS ARMY 4EVER

Throw John Butler in there, he plays some sick 12 string. Er..

11 String.

Edit:

TS, are you trying to come off as a moron? Stupid Mar 07 members...
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Last edited by sg-rocker173 at Mar 15, 2007,

It's her.
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army

^ lol
why in the world would you do this, SEARCH BUTTON! you will never make a list that pleases every1 and doing this on ug will only get you flamed. just because this is the music you listen to does NOT IN ANYWAY mean they are the best guitarists by any means. There are so many classical, jazz, funk and other guitars out there that could easily compete with them. and dont use the excuse of im a noob so i can post the same thing some1 has said 100 times someone just close this thread please
Why isnt there a ban on the phrase "Greatest Guitarist?"?

Unbeleivable.
Quote by born2raizehell
MY list blows?!?!!? omg b.b. king sucks. i bet he couldnt play a single good riff. of course its all metal/rock stuff, all other stuff blows dogs for quarters

BB KING SUCKS?!! he didnt just say that did he?
where's slash and david gilmour? joe walsh? kirk hammet keith richards? all those shredders that everyone around here likes? van halen? duane allman? these lists are impossible, if it was FAVORITE guitarist then maybe, but you couldn't possibly please everyone
Quote by cris9288
where's slash and david gilmour? joe walsh? kirk hammet keith richards? all those shredders that everyone around here likes? van halen? duane allman? these lists are impossible, if it was FAVORITE guitarist then maybe, but you couldn't possibly please everyone

Nice try Cris, but this guy is obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer and therefore can't be expected to be able to appreciate the genius of someone like Gilmour. He had both Mick Mars and CC DeVille on the list, he misspelled CC's name, he uses the word "own", and he thinks BB King sucks. Not to mention the fact that he started this lame thread and obviously believes that there can actually BE a "best" guitarist. I'm guessing he's about 11. I mean, he told one guy that Mick Mars owns him. C'mon...
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by born2raizehell

That was perhaps the most ignorant post I have ever seen outside of the pit. If you think C.C. Deville is a better guitarist than B.B. King, please die.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Rolling stone did a reader poll to come up with a Top 100, I'm not sure I agree with some of their results (like how does Kurt Cobain come in above Carlos Santana) Here's the top few.

1Jimi Hendrix
2 Duane Allman of the Allman Brothers Band
3 B.B. King
4 Eric Clapton
5 Robert Johnson
6 Chuck Berry
7 Stevie Ray Vaughan
8 Ry Cooder
9 Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin
10 Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones
11Kirk Hammett of Metallica
12 Kurt Cobain of Nirvana
13 Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead
14 Jeff Beck
15 Carlos Santana

I won't post all 100, so here's a link for ya.

Here's the complete list
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
yeah its a pretty descent list so anyone who thinks any of them suck, theyre at least ten times better then you. so...yeah **** off.

Wow! Your good! You expect people to vote on your poll while your blasting them for not voting? Your really good!

Anyways, just for you info, doubt your ignorant lil' mind cna handle it, but you can't define parameters to end up with a single great guitarist! It don't work that way fool! There are way too many styles, way too many factors to consider, and popularity does not make a guitarist good in any case. Just 'cos you don't like jazz don't mean that jazz ain't good! Damn boy, you stupid? Even Zakk Wylde, metal through and through, respects Luciano Pavarotti for being a great singer even though it's not his genre! That is what it's all about, being able to respect people's abilities for the music they create regardless of whether your digging their style!

Anyways, you will go home and rethink your life.
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
Quote by ECistheBest
lol
its a good list if Clapton is on there.
but u need Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rory Gallagher, and Duane Allman.
so yea. thread shall be closed.

i agree about srv and rory but not so musch duane allman
Page 1 of 2