Like OMG i just got this really cool squire guitar and I want to play in bands and be a rockstar and stuff but when i strum the strings it dosent sound like any music like blink 182 or red jumpsuit appartus. so how do i play the guitar good?
umm practice alot. Find someone to actually show you the ropes (in real life).
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Quote by TonicShredder
Like OMG i just got this really cool squire guitar and I want to play in bands and be a rockstar and stuff but when i strum the strings it dosent sound like any music like blink 182 or red jumpsuit appartus. so how do i play the guitar good?

just get lots of effects and you'll sound like a god.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
well. and one string at a time. when you've mastered the top string you can move on to the next.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Play Dammit by Blink 182. Then the Dani California solo. Then Fade to Black. Then Canon Rock. Then do it all properly and you'll be really good.
start with easy songs first. All blink182 songs are easy and so are nirvana ones. Infact mostly all punk rock bands songs are really easy. Also learn how to read tab.........you wont really get far without it.
Quote by TonicShredder

it would help if you didn't start off sentences with "like OMG"... also in order to play guitar WELL practice a lot. also learning scales and basic open chords first helped me out a lot
Quote by Guitar_Poet
i think im the only person who realized this post was a joke...

I do not feel that it is, sir.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Learn the basic chords, like G, C, A, E, Am, Em, etc.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
learn chord and scale theory, starting off with easy major and minor chords, then chord progressions and keys and stuff.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Guitar_Poet
I can't believe how long it takes most people to realize this. Like, come on people. This is question is the epitome... screw it. If people don't get it, they're not going to with an explanation.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Dude What The Heck You Guys Are Idiots If You Think This Is Fake. I Mean I Want To Play Guitar To Get Chicks And Stuff Like The Guitarist Of Van Halen.
Quote by TonicShredder
Dude What The Heck You Guys Are Idiots If You Think This Is Fake. I Mean I Want To Play Guitar To Get Chicks And Stuff Like The Guitarist Of Van Halen.
I'll admit I laughed at the first post, but it's not funny any more.

Edit: You could at least be more convincing and keep your typing styles the same (aka don't cap the first letter of every word occasionally).
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by TonicShredder

haha sigged.
Quote by Revalk
I'll admit I laughed at the first post, but it's not funny any more.

Edit: You could at least be more convincing and keep your typing styles the same (aka don't cap the first letter of every word occasionally).

Sometimes UG-filters change all cappped sentences into sentences like that. so he probably had it all capped like most kids do.

It happened to me a while back when I was trying to make a certain sentence stand out and put the entire sentence in caps. BUT THEN I TRIED AGAIN LATER. and it didn't change it. Its like random or something. I dunno.
Well you see the long lost art of guitar playing is only handed down at birth, so if you can just strum 1 string and mozart doesnt come out then i think you should sell your guitar and buy moraca's their music genes are more commenly found
um...

sorry if you think I'm a dick guys, but I'm going to *report* this before it gets ugly.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Ok....Why don't you try doing something besides strumming open strings randomly? Hmmmm....Fretting would be useful, push your finger down on the string behind those little metal things and play the notes a few times......Now you can teach yourself to play.

P.S. You won't go anywhere if you just want to get girls and fame with a guitar.....You have to like playing and not give up after the first week....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Guitar_Poet

exactly, im amazed that anyone took this seriously. This guy is obviously trying to make a joke especially with the "Really cool squire guitar"
Quote by aradine
i wish i got disowned by my grandparents so i could stay home tommorow and fap.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX

Amps:
Vox Valvetronix 30
Enough...

Threadstarter: IF you want to learn guitar, just pratice, stop making stupid posts on here, and read other threads.

As for this thread, closed. And i dont want to see another one.
Been away, am back