my friend, who plays bass, is gettin a new one cos his old one is all chipped and was pretty crap in the first place, so i need to know a good metal bass guitar for under $1000au.
Use the search bar. I know there have been about 20 postings like this and they all contain very good answers and recommendations. In my opinion, any bass is a good metal bass if they're loaded with EMG's.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
That's strange... I'm no metal player, but I do know that Warwick, Spector, Shechter and Dean make some good basses (and I've listed them from most expensive to cheapest).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
That's strange... I'm no metal player, but I do know that Warwick, Spector, Shechter and Dean make some good basses (and I've listed them from most expensive to cheapest).

+1 and i've heard that Fenders do the job well, whether its a Squier or a Fender, as they're pretty versatile.
signature
My precision bass will do metal just fine, as much as i dont like them personally, the ESP basses are meant to be quite good too
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I agrre that anything w/ EMG's is metal. Go for a neck-thru if u find one too. My Dean is bolt on, but, it is heavy (metal).
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings