I want to play cleaner, i know practice is the way, but there is such thing as practicing wrong. Any Guidance? As in sweep technique, when i do it i muffle 1 or 2 notes, but it sounds correct. How Can I Get Pass This.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Last edited by LethalAe86TypeR at Mar 15, 2007,
just take it slow & make sure each note rings out cleanly & then gradually speed it up until u can do it without muffling anything
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Take it slow, with a metronome, preferably on a clean channel or unplugged. If you get that sounding good, you're good to go. Distortion only masks mistakes.
Playing clean has got to be one of the hardest things to perfect. Really, playing everything smoothly, with no buzzes or unwanted ringing is one of my top goals.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
As you are practising VERY slowly, pay attention to what everything is doing. How you want your fingers to move, where your pick is going, how you are going to shift positions, etc. Then replicate the perfect motions over and over, slowly.

You must concentrate.

After a time has passed of this concentrated intense practise, you will be MUCH better at whatever it is you set out to play.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
^ this man speaks the god honest truth. i sometimes spend more time a day practicing to get the perfect clean sound than i do actually jamming (and i've been playing for 10 years) the thing is to make the time you're practicing worth it and to not do anything half a$$ed.