greetings dudes/dudesses

http://www.melband.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=77389&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

http://www.melband.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=78421

http://www.melband.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=77469

ive been looking into a second guitar for a while now, would prefer something with a floyd rose, and maybe a wizard neck,
what are your thoughts on the Ibanez prestige? its abit above my budget however, though looks incredibly nice..

Also I have a Ibanez Sa160QM-AM, with a Dimarzio tonezone in the bridge, would this guitar be able to do rock, blues pretty good?
the reason I upgraded to the tone zone was to give it a more of a high gain pickup for shred type stuff,
the reason i want a new guitar Is because im doing VCE music at school and im playing a wide range of music, from Rhapsody of Fire to BB king to The Eagles to Stratovarius to Steve Vai,
with a tube amp (the genz benz el diablo 60c) and my guitar will I be able to pull off these sounds alright?
my second guitar would help me to compliment different styles of music,

what do you guys think?

thankyou
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Alright. First off. DO WHAT YOUR EARS TELL YOU. PLAY THOSE GUITARS - IF you can - AND DECIDE WIH THAT! Now. Depending on your skill level, One of the Ibanez's. Depending on your patience, The one with the Whammy. NEXT TOPIC! NO ONE GUITAR WILL SOUND LIKE EVERYBODY! Now. You can play like someone, And mimic their style, But unless you're playing their guitar and are going so on their rig, You're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The Jackson is nice, But playing sitting with that guitar ( And standing, For that matter ) sucks. The Ibanez's have classic shapes, And good tones to follow up on. The ghost rider has a set neck, Meaning at HIGHER volumes you will get more sustain but if you break that neck that guitar is screwed. The other has a floyd, And a knob that is easier to access. ( And, That's an amp I wouldn't play. It's just... Not my sort of tube amp. It's a modern idea for a vintage way, And I hate that. That's just me, Though. )
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
That RG2620QM looks great. Prestige's are upper-end Ibanez's and I've found them to be pretty much uniformly awesome. Ibanez have very good quality control on the Prestige lines, every one of them I've ever played has been top-notch. The Edge Pro is a great trem btw, you have to really abuse one to get it to go out of tune. Personally, I'd say beg, borrow or steal, do what you have to to get that sucker. Very nice guitars.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
well as far as guitars go what would you recomend? Ive played through the ghost, and I like it quite abit, doesnt have a floyd rose though...
as far as amps go what would you recomend? i havent bought the Genz Benz yet
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Quote by fatgraymatt
That RG2620QM looks great. Prestige's are upper-end Ibanez's and I've found them to be pretty much uniformly awesome. Ibanez have very good quality control on the Prestige lines, every one of them I've ever played has been top-notch. The Edge Pro is a great trem btw, you have to really abuse one to get it to go out of tune. Personally, I'd say beg, borrow or steal, do what you have to to get that sucker. Very nice guitars.

yeah alright, ill try to have a play of it and see how it goes...

and yeah I know I cant sound like everyone, but I dont want to have 50+ guitars!!!
Ive heard some good things about schecters too, but i have no idea what name or model would suit...

anyone recomend any other types of guitars?

EDIT: also wandering if the Ibanez Ghost can do distortion similiar to a Les Paul?
would it suit rock? or only blues and jazz?
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Last edited by Metal_Injection at Mar 15, 2007,
anyone?
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp