It was some show. The other guitarist ( the white guy) was drunk off his ass and looked like a lounatic but still played well. The Asian Guy was pretty good. He kept trying to hit a pinch Harmonic and lift his guitar by the wammy bar though. He only nailed it 2 times the whole show. I admit, its not easy. Anyways they were just crazy and all over the stage. It was pretty cool. It was almost like they took a time machine from the 80's.

thought I'd fill you guys in.
'The Asian Guy'. Yeah, you definitely know what YOU'RE talking about. Listen to some of their music you fucking fool! It's good listening!
wow. gotta love when people dont actually read the first post, i.e, the pperson above ^

anyways, on topic, i seen them here a couple months back. it was random as, prety cool show.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quote by somewhat_here

i wish i was fat so i can buy xxl clothes during liquidation
i went back in september and it was killer. herman li (the asian guy) did the whammy bar pinch harmonic thing a bunch of times and they actually played a great show. i was pretty sure the other guitarist was a little buzzed though. he was out of control.

actually i hear you have half a chance of them playing great and them completely screwing up, it all depends on how drunk they are. i caught them on a good night.
Sam...*shakes head*
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Do you, by any chance, happen to live in Texas, threadstarter? Because I know two people that went to that concert.

I didn't go because I dislike Dragonforce and Killswitch Engage (plus any other metal band today). I was just curious.

(I'm into "old" metal, by the way.)
What would be the point of seeing DragonForce live? How the hell do you mosh to songs played at 300BPM??!?!?! haha Scizophrenics would do alright I guess.

They'd be cool to watch but I think it'd get boring.

KsE on the other hand... Killer live show.
Sam Totman and Herman Li, threadstarter.

I think it's always a bit shoddy when the performers are so wasted they can't perform properly. Drunk is fine but wasted eh.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by TheDev01dOne
What would be the point of seeing DragonForce live? How the hell do you mosh to songs played at 300BPM??!?!?! haha Scizophrenics would do alright I guess.

Just snort a line of speed between every song.... Easy!!!
Quote by TheDev01dOne

They'd be cool to watch but I think it'd get boring.

KsE on the other hand... Killer live show.

not everyone goes to shows to mosh
Who wants to go to a show to mosh? "Well, I really enjoy getting hit in the face, and KsE is playing tonight. Better get my wallet out".

IMO, Circle pits and skanking are way more fun to do. But you don't see them in Metal concerts.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
sams always wasted, they were saying in a interview he has to be drunk for a show, and then he was asked what if the show was at 9am, he said ill get up at 6 to start drinking then.

both are great guitarists, im seeing them at download. missed out twice to go see them due to other commitments
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Quote by Ubershall404
It was some show. The other guitarist ( the white guy) was drunk off his ass and looked like a lounatic but still played well. The Asian Guy was pretty good. He kept trying to hit a pinch Harmonic and lift his guitar by the wammy bar though. He only nailed it 2 times the whole show. I admit, its not easy. Anyways they were just crazy and all over the stage. It was pretty cool. It was almost like they took a time machine from the 80's.

thought I'd fill you guys in.

Actually, it's one of the easiest whammy tricks to master.

Herman Li just can't play live.
Dickless.
Quote by DeathForAll
Do you, by any chance, happen to live in Texas, threadstarter? Because I know two people that went to that concert.

I didn't go because I dislike Dragonforce and Killswitch Engage (plus any other metal band today). I was just curious.

(I'm into "old" metal, by the way.)

Thats what I was wondering I went to the show in TX last night too. I think Chimara had the best set. Dragonforce's mix was off they needed to turn up the guitars. I've seen them in Detroit before and they were much better!
Gear:
2006 Jackson RR3
2006 Ibanez S520EX
Peavy JSX 120W Head
Roland Cube 30
i saw them and to be honest they realy werent that good. yeah, sam was drunk.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Ive met them and chilled at a bar shooting the shit for about 3 hours well more like in the street out front of the bar because you cant smoke inside. Dude you all read into the behaviour of sam to harshly. Whats wrong with loving to get drunk and jam? at some point of almost everyone's life they want to jsut get hammered and play shows so why rip on sam? But yea amazing live show, they have energy on stage that hasnt been seen since racer x's stage walks lol. If you havnt seen them cheak them out. They have a habit of having after show clinics which is always amazing for getting to know thier play styles!
Last edited by Sheepbane at Mar 15, 2007,
from what ive seen on youtube theyre horrible live
Ltd Alexi 600
Clapton Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal
^

I once saw a video and it literally sounded like this...

"WEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH RAW RAW RAW RAGH ASKJLSDJKSDJDJSSKJAKJ 9012389321".
I don't know which videos you guys are watching, they sound just fine to me.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by bmschrad
Thats what I was wondering I went to the show in TX last night too. I think Chimara had the best set. Dragonforce's mix was off they needed to turn up the guitars. I've seen them in Detroit before and they were much better!

O hell yes Man. I live in dallas and was at the pallaidum with killswtich. Chimaria OWNED killswitch. They were the best act of the night. I was standing in the back and when I heard chimaria I went and moshed some. Chimaria's tone was AWSOME. They use 5105's and Uberschalls. They kicked so much ass.