I'm not sure if many of you have heard of them, but I've enjoyed their music for the past few years. I heard of them from this site, and figured I'd post this. hey are now looking for a new drummer to start a new band. Here is a bulletin they posted on myspace:

Subject Cheap Sex - Time To Say Goodbye

Body: On March 1 Cheap Sex lost somebody who was very important to us. Chris Wick our guitarist on our second album - 'Headed For A Breakdown' hung himself after struggling with heroin addiction for the past couple years after the death of his mother three years ago. Chris was a great friend and an absolutely amazing talent and will be forever missed. The band feels like at this time we are at a crossroads with the loss Chris and our drummer Gabe in particular who was his best friend wants time to deal with Chris's death. Therefore I am sad to say that Cheap Sex will be breaking up and we will be announcing a final show shortly.

Anyone who knows me knows how important Cheap Sex is to me and always will be. The guys in the band are my family and we will be friends for life.

Anyone who knows the band knows how important the fans are to us, and for them I am truly grateful.

Phil, Brock, and I are interested in continuing to play music and are looking to form a brand new band playing brand new songs. If there are any drummers who are interested in trying out for the new band please get in touch.

Information about Cheap Sex's final show will be made available as soon as we have something booked. Any venues interested in sponsoring our final show please get in touch.

Thanks for the 5 years. It is with great pain in my heart that I send out this message.

Long live Chris Wick. Rest in Peace brother.

PS - Use your head. Don't do hard drugs.

Love,
Mike Virus and Cheap Sex
wow, that sucks. i was more of a casual fan of cheap sex (i only own their first cd), but it's still not something you wanna hear. it's nice to hear that they're ending the band and not just replacing him.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
That's sad. I don't like Cheap Sex but they were better than a damn good amount of other street punk bands.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Not a fan, but it's always sad when for a band to break up. Unless it;'s name is Blink 182.
that sucks, i like cheap sex. the song **** emo is great. when i read this headline, i thought you were gonna tell me mike virus commited suicide.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

yeah, i didn't like them that much, but that ****nig sucks, and when my friend comes back from vacation and learns about this, he'll be devastated