Page 1 of 6
LMFAO! Good god, they're dumb... lol.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

Americans are not stupid, they just don't get the right education about the rest of the people, they only learn about themselves, not about the rest of the world.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Americans are not stupid, they just don't get the right education about the rest of the people, they only learn about themselves, not about the rest of the world.

Lack of education = Stupidity/ignorance.

My only massive qualm with America is their revisions to the spelling and pronounciation of words in the English language.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
some are born great,some achieve greatness...some...are just dumb.
What the hell is wrong with you? Penis tapping solos? Jesus H Christ man.

Just fuck the guitar

lust.gluttony.greed.sloth.wrath.envy.pride.

tHis is my p0st!
I like:

"Where was the Berlin War?"
No answer...
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

In all fairness, at least Americas attempting. Got to give them credit for trying

But is it just me or is it the cool thing to do to hate america, people can be soo stuck up and pretentious in this day and age. I know the American goverment is massively corrupt to the point of being more obnactious than a 5 year old who doesn't get his precious cookies, but why stoop down to their IQ level and sling the "AMERICA IS T3H SUX" flag about like you were a rebellious 13 yr old.
Quote by dann_blood
Stars are Blind - Paris Hilton. I heard that and set me off on a destructive rampage for weeks.

Quote by FearTheD
i want him to ride his magical roll of USPS stickers to Valhalla
There are stupid people everywhere. Not just in America.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
I'm from the United States, and I knew all those answers, so boo to you!
And yeah, we are pretty dumb in general.
Peace.
Quote by speedy_keinonen
No offense to american people but i personally think this is hilarious!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

This has been posted before. But nevertheless, its still funny.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Damnit....we have to keep these people away from video cameras...why dont they interview people that didnt drop out of school to have a baby, smoke crack, or kill chinks?...can I say chink?

GO USA, LETS INVADE SUM TERURISTUZ!
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
It is a stereotype to say all americans are dumb. they're just uneducated. there have been very, very smart americans, who notices them?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You dont even want me to get started on this matter.... Nor do you want me to bring up the stereotypical subject of America's Health and dental plan Vs Other nations health and dental plan... lmao America may seem dumb, but they're not seen with shitty white teeth or a poverty stricken nation with disease..... Americans may be dumb afterall.... But we're outliving your ass............. and prettier than you!!!!!

Dumb ppl come in all shapes, sizes, color, and nationality

I know b/c I'm a dumb American!

How many sides does a triangle have?
"Er...erm...FOUR!"
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

"Name a country that starts with a U"

"Yugoslavia?"
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I've seen videos like this before; they ask a bunch of people a bunch of question and wait for the really stupid/ignorant ones to come out and say something along the lines of Star Wars being based on a true story.

It has less to do with them being American, and more with them just being stupid. I'm American, I could answer those questions, and I'm not proud that I'm able to, the very least you could expect from someone in this day and age with so many educational resources available is for them to have some minute understanding of the world around them. Just because a lot of people don't, and a small percent of people are so stupid you wonder if they could tie their own shoelaces (IE: people in that video) that doesn't mean that they represent every American; and any American with a sliver of self-respect or pride would be disgraced at having the people in that video grouped with them.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Lack of education does not equal stupidity, it equals ignorance. Stupidity is lacking the ability to learn, where as ignorance is just not knowing. Anyways, most Americans are very ignorant about other people's cultures, but so are a lot of people in other countries as well.
Quote by Allnightmask22
I've seen videos like this before; they ask a bunch of people a bunch of question and wait for the really stupid/ignorant ones to come out and say something along the lines of Star Wars being based on a true story.

It has less to do with them being American, and more with them just being stupid. I'm American, I could answer those questions, and I'm not proud that I'm able to, the very least you could expect from someone in this day and age with so many educational resources available is for them to have some minute understanding of the world around them. Just because a lot of people don't, and a small percent of people are so stupid you wonder if they could tie their own shoelaces (IE: people in that video) that doesn't mean that they represent every American; and any American with a sliver of self-respect or pride would be disgraced at having the people in that video grouped with them.

I admit, when he said that stuff about Star Wars. I answered True. I didn't even think about the series or anything - I only said True because I studied the Cold War in History (it was nicknamed Star Wars, for those of you who don't know). I'm happy to say at least, I have never watched an episode of Star Wars at all.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

thats pretty funny
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Quote by Smokey Amp
Lack of education = Stupidity/ignorance.

My only massive qualm with America is their revisions to the spelling and pronounciation of words in the English language.

It's sad that people are judging an entire country off of a video on youtube. I think I would call that stupidity/ignorance. And with the whole change the english language thing, i agree............ same with our whole measuring system.
Last edited by brantlymurphy at Mar 15, 2007,
the amount of spelling mistakes in the subtitles on that video really bothered me.

there are stupid people everywhere, but yeah cnnnn was funny.
from daylight...
...into darkness
its funny but i mean thats not a good sample of americans plus they obviously edited out people they asked who DID get answers correct. i honestly knew the answer/answers to every single one of those questions. im 19 and in my 3rd year of college so i mean not everyone here is dumb.
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Quote by brantlymurphy
It's sad that people are judging an entire country off of a video on youtube.

No, no, I was just replying to the post. I haven't actually watched the video. I wouldn't make a generalisation on America just from watching a sensationalist video.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
that was hilarious! i couldnt get over their stupidity! even when given the answers they didnt know! hahahah "where is the Berlin Wall?" LOL
Quote by Smokey Amp
No, no, I was just replying to the post. I haven't actually watched the video. I wouldn't make a generalisation on America just from watching a sensationalist video.

nice use of the word sensationalist
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

That's ridiculous.

that was hilarious! i couldnt get over their stupidity! even when given the answers they didnt know! hahahah "where is the Berlin Wall?" LOL

They interview hundreds of people and only select the most moronic answers. I talked to a couple in Germany who thought America preemptively invaded Japan during World War II. Are all Europeans stupid? Many Japanese are completely ignorant of their countries actions in WWII, are all Japanese stupid?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by Harmonius

How many sides does a triangle have?
"Er...erm...FOUR!"

The best one was the girl who said, "there are none...one?"

The funniest part was the country that starts with a U, the first one I thought of was Uganda and Ukraine. But, I'm not stupid like those dumbasses,

Country that begins with a U - USA, Uganda, Ukraine
Countries in Coalition of the Willing - United States, Morocco, Palau
Religion of Israel - Jewish, minority of Islam
What religion are Bhuddist Monks - Bhuddist
Who won the Vietnam War - Vietnam
Who is Fidel Castro - Dictator of Cuba
How many Sides in a Triangle - 3
Currency in UK - GBP, pounds
Country to invade in WOT - None
Is Kofi Annan a drink - No, was secretary general of UN
who is Tony Blair - Prime Minister of UK
Countries in Axis of Evil - North Korea, Iraq, other countries Bush hates
First man on Moon - Neil Armstrong
What is a Mosque - Islamic religious house, or temple
How many Kidneys - 2
What is Collateral Damage - damage caused to non-targets in war
How many World Wars - 2
State that KFC comes from - Kentucky
Is Star Wars based on a true story - No
What are Hiroshima and Nagasaki famous for - Being the first two cities to have atomic weapons dropped on them. Ended WWII in Japan
How many Eiffel Towers are in France - One
What is Al Quada - a terrorist network that planned several terrorist attacks including Sept 11th
Where is the Berlin Wall - it was in Germany, through Berlin until the late 1980s
Is latin the Language in Latin America - No, Spanish and Portuguese are the main two.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

i liked that when they showed them maps with "france" etc written on australia they actually thought that's where those countries were. it amuses me that someone wouldn't at least know things like 1. france is part of europe and 2. the general shape and position of europe on a map of the world. it wouldn't bother me at all if they didn't know the exact location of the country, but you'd have to be fairly silly to think france is a huge island in the southern hemisphere, nestled below asia.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Meh. I really didn't find it funny. It's just sad that there are people that stupid.

Quote by Portuguese_boy

Generalizing = bad. Im sure the rest of the world doesn't know just as much shit as any other country.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by divid3d
i liked that when they showed them maps with "france" etc written on australia they actually thought that's where those countries were. it amuses me that someone wouldn't at least know things like 1. france is part of europe and 2. the general shape and position of europe on a map of the world. it wouldn't bother me at all if they didn't know the exact location of the country, but you'd have to be fairly silly to think france is a huge island in the southern hemisphere, nestled below asia.

Who says they thought that's where those countries were? I've got an experiment in visual acuity I'd like you to be a part of...
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I wouldn't say Americans are stupid. Perhaps ignorant of some cultures, but not stupid (for example some people have some very ignorant views of Canada)
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Revalk
I wouldn't say Americans are stupid. Perhaps ignorant of some cultures, but not stupid (for example some people have some very ignorant views of Canada)

...and many Europeans have very ignorant views about America.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Who says they thought that's where those countries were? I've got an experiment in visual acuity I'd like you to be a part of...

it quite clearly shows the interviewer asking the guy to put a number 2 on france, and the guy put it on australia labelled as 'france'. i think if you actually had any idea where france was, you wouldn't do that. you'd find it's actual location over in europe and put the 2 there without even looking in the region where australia is located. if he didn't think that's where france was, he shouldn't have put it there
from daylight...
...into darkness
I suppose what some fail to realize is that most Americans are laughing at those people too. They represent a minority...a very very stupid minority.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by divid3d
it quite clearly shows the interviewer asking the guy to put a number 2 on france, and the guy put it on australia labelled as 'france'. i think if you actually had any idea where france was, you wouldn't do that. you'd find it's actual location over in europe and put the 2 there without even looking in the region where australia is located. if he didn't think that's where france was, he shouldn't have put it there

People are less likely to dissent against a presented viewpoint unless they have certain incentives to do so. If they had asked him whether France was an island in the southern hemisphere, or a part of Europe, I can almost guarantee you that he would have answered correctly.
Quote by Archeo Avis
If they had asked him whether France was an island in the southern hemisphere, or a part of Europe, I can almost guarantee you that he would have answered correctly.

i agree with that. however i still find it amusing that when he was asked to locate france, he didn't immediately look to europe on the map which would be the logical thing to do if you had any idea whatsoever of where france is, but instead looked for the word 'france' and just placed the number there without even thinking about where he was placing it. it was silly of him, and i found it funny, that's all.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by billab0ng
+1

I really, really hate how they've bastardized the language just to make it easier for stupid people to use.

They (or i guess we) didn't "bastardize" the english language "to make it easer for stupid people to use." Actually the American version is much more complex. Anyway americans changed it to try and be different from England. I think thats what I learned in SkoOL(American English).