my computers motherboard recently overheated and quit working, the new ones usb ports arent currently working. the guy that is fixing it said that there should be a fuse on the mother board. i have had numerous computers taken apart and have never seen a fuse on the motherboard neverless one anywhere on the computer.

has anyone ever seen a fuse on a mother board.

by the way the motherboard is from a computer 4 years old, and the one that he put in is brand new.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Ive never seen a fuse on a motherboard. Ive seen a battery but that has nothing to do with it. Could the problem be something simple like installing drivers for the USB. I work with computers and half the time that is the problem - so simple yet effective.
Drivers? although windows usually has drivers for it.

also, are you talking about ones on the case itself? if so, are they connected to the motherboard?

btw, motherboards don't have fuses. thats a load of horsepoo. the only fuse is on the PSU.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
if they are USB 2.0 sockets then you will probbaly just have to install the drivers i guess, unless you have vista. i'd also guess that since it's a new motherboard they will be USB 2.0.

and i've never seen a fuse on a motherboard :S
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

I *think* you might just have to turn on the USB ports from the BIOS, I remember something similar happening to me, the PC started but my keyboard wouldnt work so I couldnt set anything up. I put the keyboard in a PS/2 port instead and it was fine, turned out USB wasn't enabled in the setup thingie.
^Legacy motherboards for the lose

but yea, you can enable and disable all kinds of stuff from the bios. go in, and have a look

Quote by metaldud536

I've never heard of a motherboard overheating either. They don't generally produce heat.
Quote by Lewiji
I've never heard of a motherboard overheating either. They don't generally produce heat.

all electric components produce heat due to the flow of electricity. on modern motherboards, there are heatsinks on the northbridge and processor after all.

Quote by metaldud536

so i have come to the conclusion that the guy is a complete moron now.

he put in a new mother board and a new power supply. he said that i wont be able to use the restoration cds now because of them. is he telling the truth or is this another bullshit lie? he put on a different version of windows xp then what was on it, something i didnt want to happen but he did anyway. so i want to put mine back which is on the restoration cds.
Quote by fallenangel20

Quote by hemi-san
Quote by Lewiji

r u ****ing serious???
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Quote by Gbell3587
Ive never seen a fuse on a motherboard. Ive seen a battery but that has nothing to do with it. Could the problem be something simple like installing drivers for the USB. I work with computers and half the time that is the problem - so simple yet effective.

i just restored my factory windows xp, so im pretty sure the drivers for them are there now. the thing is, the original mother board was an intel, and the new one is an "A Open". never heard of them. so maybe the drivers for them are different? im going to look for the intel board that i need and order it straight from intel if i cant come up with the problem with this one.

i checked the bios and all the USB ones that i saw were all enabled.

any suggestions?
Quote by fallenangel20

Quote by hemi-san
go to A Opens site and look for chipset drivers, and whatever else is integrated into the motherboard for drivers. USB drivers are native in XP and Vista so It's not drivers, what USB ports wont work? if its the ones integrated, I have no clue, if its the ones mounted to your case, make sure that they are plugged in and in the right way, i was working on a comp in my netoworking class today and there were 4 individual wires for each usb port. Oh and was the old one an acutal Intel board or just used an Intel processor?
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
none of them will work. theres 4 on the actual board and one in the front. ive checked the connections and they are all hooked up right.

it was an actual intel board.
Quote by fallenangel20

Quote by hemi-san