Okay, so this thread will help you when buying a guitar.

The whole idea is to make a list of the ultimate guitarsfor any genre we can come to think about.

So, for example:

Classic Rock
Gibson Les Paul

Blues
Fender Stratocaster

and so on!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
i don't think there is an ultimate guitar for any one genre since in any one genre you'll find there's a wide variation in what people play.
but you can find guitars that suits the genre, it hasn´t got to be only one
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
this is stupid. classic rock has many suitable guitars, as well as blues and every other mother ****ing genre.
I play Punk songs with a 7-string in Bb. Hows that for genre bending?
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
I'd say a strat is better for classic rock, although that depends on your definition of classic rock.
I have an Epi Dot Deluxe, which is pretty much a Gibson ES335 and I'd say it works great for classic rock and blues. I don't think that there is any one ultimate guitar for a genre. I think that, given the right player, any guitar can be fantastic in a wide variety of genres.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton