I have a classic blue voodoo crate and i need to know when to change my tubes? and wen to change the batterys for active pickups
Like i guess the sings? or wutever

helps me out please
Use your ears. You'll seriously be able to tell when something needs changing.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Batteries: whenever the sound gets weak. usually its a few months if you play it like every day. just make sure you leave it unplugged when you're not using it.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
generally, with average playing, power tubes will last 1-2 years before the sound suffers, preamp tubes last twice as long usually. You should be able to hear it, the sound should be an indicator. The same holds true with actives, you can hear them start to go. I've found the batteries will last betweem 6-12 months with consistent use, assuming you unplug the cord when you are done. EMG has a formula for calculating battery life depending how many actives you are using.
Quote by EMG
The Specs Page includes current requirements and estimated battery life for each model. Generally, each pickup requires about 80 microamps (uA), except for the Vintage Series pickups which require 220 uA each. EQ circuit requirements vary widely but are higher than pickups.

For your reference, a standard 9 volt alkaline battery provides 580 milliAmpHours (mAh) of power. That means that it will provide 580 milliAmps for 1 hour or 1 milliamp for 580 hours. There are 1000 uA per mA. You can figure the approximate battery life of any setup by adding up the individual power requirements, then dividing 580,000 by this total. Here's an example:

1 - EMG-81 = 80 uA
2 - EMG-SV = 220 uA*2 = 440 uA
1 - EXG = 410 uA
--------
Total required = 930 uA

Total life = 580,000 uAh/
930 uA = 623 hours
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^ I was just gonna say he'd be able to tell.

about a year or two on power tubes, and 3 or for on pre-amp tubes.

the batterty should last a year or so.

(this is estimating you play, on average, an hour a day).
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
i think the year or two on power tubes is cutting it a little short (unless you buy new tubes, which is kind of pointless since NOS tubes arent much more expensive and tend to last twice as long depending on what brand/type you get)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^ Mine last a lot longer that that, just because i hardly have time to play, ever. maybe not at all to an hour a week, max.

but if you play about an hour a day, moderate volume, i think you'd be able to get about 2, maybe 2 1/2 years max.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile