I wanted to move my PC and it was all hooked up so I started to take the stuff off and remove it. I have the monitor hooked up in the other room, the mouse, and the keyboard. Everything is set to go except one problem. I have a power supply, at least I think it is, and I don't know where it plugs into..

It says120 VAC Input or something and I don't know there is NOWHERE to plug it in. I've looked everywhere.. Does it even go on the PC? The thing is it was warm when I took it out of my other room, but was that just because it was plugged in? I don't know where the hell it goes and it's pissing me off, I've searched the PC everywhere for where it came from with no luck.. And for some stupid reason I don't remember it even ever being plugged in.. Advice from some comp people please I need help
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
well done. plug in everything you can and find the hole that fits

i'm guessing its for the monitor or printer. do you have a LCD monitor?

edit: if the pc's working fine, leave it on the side and its location will probably become apparant. make sure it wasn't to something else non computer related
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Mar 15, 2007,
theres no ****ing hole, I've looked everywhere man.. Seriously WTF is it for lol... I'm so confused!

EDIT: no there's no LCD monitor.. just a crappy one..

Lol I haven't turned on the PC yet.. I'm still kinda iffy, but I'm gonna give it a go right now. Wish me luck Thanks for the help man.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
if he doesn't come back, we know what happened
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Speakers?

honestly, don't look on the PC itself. look at all the periprials (yes, i can't spell that) for it.

Quote by metaldud536

I have no clue what it's for.. it just appeared. My dad set up the PC and he said he doesn't know where it came from.... And the PC works fine now
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Just leave it then. its probably not for the pc

this is where having a thorough knowledge of the pc comes in handy.

Quote by metaldud536

But it MUST! I unplugged it from the wall while my PC was on and my PC died... Literally It won't start noW! So I plugged it back in and it works again.. But it's not plugged into anything so how the hell does it make a difference?!?!?
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Quote by Guitar_Master92
But it MUST! I unplugged it from the wall while my PC was on and my PC died... Literally It won't start noW! So I plugged it back in and it works again.. But it's not plugged into anything so how the hell does it make a difference?!?!?

Pics? this is ****ing confusing.

so its plugged into the socket. its just a power brick, on its own. removing it disables the pc?

whaaaaa?

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
Pics? this is ****ing confusing.

so its plugged into the socket. its just a power brick, on its own. removing it disables the pc?

whaaaaa?

Well it's this little power brick with a cable on both sides. One is like a little jack that looks like it would plug into something and the other is a wall plug. When I unplug it from the wall the PC won't work. But the brick itself is not plugged into the PC.. so it's weird and makes no sence.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Whats written on it?

to be honest, if its not plugged into anything then unplugging it shouldn't turn off the pc. sure you're not unplugging anything else at the same time?

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
Whats written on it?

to be honest, if its not plugged into anything then unplugging it shouldn't turn off the pc. sure you're not unplugging anything else at the same time?

SW/100

Input/120 VAC
Output 12V DC
and a bunch of cautions.. that's it. And it's the only thing on this wall plug so I'm not unplugging something else
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
The only thing plugged into the power suppy (psu) should be a cord that has a plugin on one end that would go into a wall and a plugin that doesn't have any prongs sticking out (i think) that just goes into the back of the psu at the top of the computer . . . it's just a hole that looks like the end of that cord should be plugged into.

by the way . . . it's the cord in this pic on the left http://www.powersupplyunlimited.com/PSU/12v4a.jpg

is your pc even turning on?
Guitar Related Products
Schecter Omen-6
Digitech Grunge Distortion Pedal
Peavey Rage-158 15w Amp

Member of Kurt Cobain>shredding club P.M. eldanny to join.
No companies?

right. this is truly baffling. get the other end of the plug, and make sure you're unplugging it and not something else. because having it just sat there is wasting electric, and i'm 99% sure its not causing the pc to not turn on.

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
No companies?

right. this is truly baffling. get the other end of the plug, and make sure you're unplugging it and not something else. because having it just sat there is wasting electric, and i'm 99% sure its not causing the pc to not turn on.
Ahh don't worry about it, I'm just gonna leave it like that.. It's probably for speakers or something. To confusing to worry about the PC is working. I thank you guys for the help though
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Quote by IndieMetalhead
and i'm 99% sure its not causing the pc to not turn on.

The fact that you're only 99% sure is worrying!
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
The fact that you're only 99% sure is worrying!

Quote by metaldud536