Page 1 of 2
come on in and ask for help. i'll give you any detail about anything. i'll help you find and customize any guitar.
this is a project im currently working on.

DiMarzio Speed Knob Replacement 1-11

Sperzel 6 In-Line Locking Tuners

Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem SH-6 Humbucker Pair

ESP
LTD Alexi 200 Electric Guitar (Assorted Colors)

as for the neck of the guitar. im going to customize it. well actually just change it to a dean neck.

so guys wait a few weeks/months my customization shall be finished.
please ask me for what you shall customize. and also give me your price range
Are those Speed Knobs really neccessary? and wat sort of things can i do to a epi les paul custom which i already love
Quote by waldo899
Are those Speed Knobs really neccessary? and wat sort of things can i do to a epi les paul custom which i already love

i use them for solos and stuff. cause in some of our songs we change volume alot.

hmm. give me a minute to think about what you can do to a epi lp cust.
well i love my humbuckers already in it and i havent used lock tuners yet wat exactly are they like?
Quote by waldo899
well i love my humbuckers already in it and i havent used lock tuners yet wat exactly are they like?

what kind of music do you play? so i can find whats a great pickup for you.
and lock tuners are great if your playing or your just leaving your guitar around. so they wont get untuned
Ok well i play mostly old rock or 80's metal so my humbuckers work great for that but how much are lock tuners cause if i do use them my guitar would never become untuned cause the tune-o-matic bridge is amazing
Wtf, why does the knob go to 11?
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
Quote by m_hedborg
Wtf, why does the knob go to 11?

Because it's louder that way. You get to 10 and there's no more, but that one goes to 11.

Ah, Spinal Tap brings endless joy.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Last edited by Kurapica at Mar 15, 2007,
^nah its just for looks i used to have some but i sold them to my friend for like a quid they were cheapo free ones from total guitar
Quote by mrperson
^nah its just for looks i used to have some but i sold them to my friend for like a quid they were cheapo free ones from total guitar

Erm, I know. It's a joke referring to the rockumentary This Is Spinal Tap. You should watch it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Kurapica
Erm, I know. It's a joke referring to the rockumentary This Is Spinal Tap. You should watch it.

Aaah I have and it rocked but when i read your post it seemed kinda series but anyway yeh.

spinal tap rockes i love it when the bass player gets stuck in the alien pod and the drummer ddies from a series gardening acsident-i cant spell!
Arrgh, you ruined it!! Spinal Tap references are not the slightest bit funny when you say "Hey look, I made a Spinal Tap reference". Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Mar 15, 2007,
Ok here's one (just to test you cos i'm already decided )

I have an Ibanez S470 (mahogany body, ZR trem, HSH pickups) I want pickups that'll give me a good sound for Steve Vai. Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani AND Stuff liek Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, David Lee roth and stuff.

(there's nothing else to change on an S470 they're great )
Quote by Pikka Bird
Arrgh, you ruined it!! Spinal Tap references are not the slightest bit funny when you say "Hey look, I made a Spinal Tap reference". Thanks a lot!

Haha, well I wasn't sure how ambiguous my statement was :P

Tell you what, just don't even look at it...don't think about it, stop thinking about it!
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

as the first '05er in this thread (no, i'm not full of it- it's true), i say that this is an odd thread. most people post details of their build, not say they can help other people.

and there's no way you can help with everything. try this:

can you mix active and passive pickups?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
This thread is full of Jan 07ers.

Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone who's work I haven't seen.

Mister Threadstarter, do you have any pictures of your build, instead of vauge pictures of the parts?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by tubab0y
as the first '05er in this thread (no, i'm not full of it- it's true), i say that this is an odd thread. most people post details of their build, not say they can help other people.

and there's no way you can help with everything. try this:

can you mix active and passive pickups?

Yeah, I don't like the idea of this thread either....

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Ok here's one (just to test you cos i'm already decided )

I have an Ibanez S470 (mahogany body, ZR trem, HSH pickups) I want pickups that'll give me a good sound for Steve Vai. Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani AND Stuff liek Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, David Lee roth and stuff.

(there's nothing else to change on an S470 they're great )

i have probally 2 pickups for you. sorry for the late replies guys. just woke up
DiMarzio DP159 Evolution Bridge Pickup $69.99

DiMarzio DP213 PAF Joe Satriani Pickup $54.99
^ Pics or it didn't happen.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Another rule for your thread:
-No double posts.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by AndrewSchaeffer
Im still making it. and i have been a member since 2005 but i forgot my old pass to the other account.

That's called a multi-account, which you can get banned instantly for.
I'd much rather have an individual thread for answering different peoples questions than somebody who doesn't have any real pictures to back up his 'mods' saying he can answer everybody's questions.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by AndrewSchaeffer
p.s. i dont use that account anymore because i forgot the pass.. thats why i made a new one.

It's still a multi-account, whatever the reason. You're actually fairly lucky that your IP doesn't match the IP of any other users.
I'm still not digging that you claim to be able to answer any customization questions without having proof of customizing something in the past. How are we meant to know you're just not some guy talking absolute shite about products he knows nothing about?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
the whole point of UG is to start a thread and get MULTIPLE OPINIONS about what you want, since no one's always right (me excluded.) not to post in a thread by a guy claiming to know anything.

and what's the other account's username?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
um... this guy is trying to help people here, why are u all giving him shit. i say just listen to his opinion and if u dont like u dont have to follow him.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
^ Are you gonna ask a 10 year old how to build a car? You wouldn't. You're not going to ask someone with no experience, and probably no knowledge advice on a costly, time consuming endevour like building or modding a guitar.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Quote by XibanezedgeX
I agree with the not giving him our full trust because there is no proof he knows what he is talking about but, so what hes a jan 07'er? What if Semour Duncan himself was to make an account today? Would you not trust his knowledge because he is a "n00b"?

if he did he'd be EXTREMELY biased.

and online, you can make yourself look like anyone, he'd still need to earn trust.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by Generalpwnt
Another rule for your thread:
-No double posts.

shut it n00b, he can if he wants

looks like a nice project, but i'd add an ofr trem. the alexi guitars look awesome.
if you have any q's ill try answer them, since im no jan 07'er , eh will minus?
Quote by godofshred
shut it n00b, he can if he wants

looks like a nice project, but i'd add an ofr trem. the alexi guitars look awesome.
if you have any q's ill try answer them, since im no jan 07'er , eh will minus?

Since when are we allowed to double post? Never. If he had trully been here longer than he has indicated then he would know this.
Quote by Kensai
Quote by AndrewSchaeffer
p.s. i dont use that account anymore because i forgot the pass.. thats why i made a new one.

Are you saying UG is the only message board on the entire world wide web that doesn't have the "Fergot yer passcode?"-function built-in? You know, the one where yuo admit you forgot it, and it sends you an email telling you what to do about it.
No, I suspect that his man is lying, and is indeed rather new to this forum.
Quote by Kensai
"His man"? Is that a euphemism for penix?

Anyways, this thread is the equivalent of me hanging out in front of an automotive shop with a sign saying "I can fix your car, I really can. I promise. Pretty please. And I'm better than the guys in this shop". I may be a really talented mechanic, and the sign might tell the truth, but without credentials, nobody should be expected to believe me.

If Mutated, Algee or Cord (for instance- threre are more decent UG builders) had a professor-thread on here, that'd be different, because we know they make decent shit, and that they don't claim to know everything.
Page 1 of 2