and i realized, this is a really really really BAD band. i mean i used to love it back in the day of middle school, but they are absolutley TERRIBLE

how the hell did they become some sort of "must listen" amoung skakids?
Slapstick. ska ska ska
I still like them quite a bit. However, I don't listen to them much anymore.
what part don't you like? the musicianship, the lyrics/message, or both?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i like most of energy, but some of the songs suck, so i know what you mean.
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
are you kidding me...they practically inspired the ska-punk sound whether that be a good thing or a bad thing to you. they wrote alot of good songs. plus we probably wouldnt have Rancid if it wasnt for op ivy. they contributed quite a bit to the ska scene, the only reason i'd consider them as being a must listen is becuz of their inspiring sound for bands to come
The sound quality may not be mega-bucks clean, but that only adds to the authenticity of their sound. Great band, shame about their life-span though. Still, each to their own.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
I don't really listen to them anymore, but I think it's probably because I listened to them so much back in the day. I still like them, though.
Because they're fun and relatable?

If you're into the super clean sound if that's what you're getting at, that's what we have Common Rider for!
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
common rider doesnt sound anything like operation ivy. common rider is practically an indie band.

EDIT: but don't get me wrong, they're a great band. their album this is unity music is a pretty awesome record.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Last edited by ratmjb1212 at Mar 15, 2007,
Operation Ivy is one of the greatest punk bands of all time. Their music was absolutely brilliant. I'd kill to have that much talent and creativity.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA