Alright... so I just found out about this guitar. It's made by Fender, not Fender-Squier. But, WTF??? It costs about $200 or so retail. Does anyone know anything about this guitar? When it was made? Is it any good?

I'm not buying one, I'm just wondering.

I am however, buying a Starcaster neck for a build I'm doing soon. I read a whole bunch of reviews on them, and it isn't bad, at least the neck/playability aspect of it.

Your Thoughts?
don't know about the guitar but if you gonna ger a fender neck, get a warmoth neck from warmoth.com they are the same as the fender necks but without the "Fender Stratocaster" logo

you can customize the neck, radius, scale,frets,woods...ect...

and I think it might be cheaper than buying an authentic fender neck
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
it depends on what kind of fender neck you wanted to get. warmoth are really nice. you can get authentic MIJ necks on ebay for under 200. MIA maple necks are about 250-300, while MIA rosewoods are about 150. I have been pricing necks for awhile for my project as well. can you post a link or pic to what you're referring to Guitar Junkie?
^

yeah, I've checked Warmoth quiet a bit. The neck that I'm buying is $30 after shipping, not $170 at Warmoth.

Here is the link.

EDIT:

Out bid me and I kill you, twice.
The Starcaster wasn't very popular, but it has a decent following, if I remember correctly. You either love them or hate them, at least, that's what I hear. There's a Wikipedia article on them if you're interested.

EDIT: This is the I was thinking of.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Last edited by MuffinMan at Mar 15, 2007,
^ Well it was only a $30 investment or so, so I think it's worth a shot. But, I'll check out the Wiki articles on it, thanks.
Well if this neck "falls apart" on me, figurative and literally, I'll PM about those links, if you don't mind.

Haha, yeah, I really wanted to find a Gibson look-a-like neck with a maple fretboard and trapezoid inlays. IMO that is one of the sickest looking necks available.
that neck on ebay for looking at isn't that good. as you said its only 30 bucks but on the other side chances are that the frets aren't that good and the trussrod might be messed up too.

also make shure that the mounting holes line up with the body

example:
you can't make an Ibanez neck fit a fender (uless it was made before 1990)
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I have one, Its prety much a beginer guitar. I like it, good playability pickups arnt that great and it's made of agathis.
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
I have one, the neck plays just fine. I've compared it to the MIM neck, Its fatter then the MIM neck. I thought the MIM neck had better playability.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
If you are getting that use different tuning pegs. I've seen one in Sams club that have been pulled out by tension
That Starcaster neck is for the "arrow-head Strat" Starcaster, and not the hollowbody they made for a while.

It looks like this:

...they're not the worst, but faaaar from the best.
Played one...didn't really hold up too well, but that may be because my friend never changes his strings.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Wait, is the TS referring to the guitars they sell at Best Buy, or Fender's failed hollowbody design?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~