i play in a metal band, and as it is common today in metal, i play in drop C tuning(cgcfad). i basically just want to know if like when someone posts a major and minor scale on here in tab, if i play it where they say to on the neck, but on my C-tuned guitar, is it the same? and if not should i just move it up the neck?

im also just having a hard time playing in scales and arpeggios in my solo's. please help. thank you.
If the tab says standard tunning on it, then the #'s are related to that tunning. So in order to play a standard tuned song in Drop C... you have to move down the fret board two frets. (down meaning towards the nut)

I wouldn't suggest it though. Why not just play the song in the tunning it is supposed to be in?
Quote by Gulf Coast Rock
actually you would move up 2 (away from the nut)

ACTUALLY you wouldn't.

"C" is lower than "D" (a whole step down)
You have to move up your neck 2 frets (away from nut) to be in the same key as them
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Oh shit. I'm a dumb ass.

I thought he meant he was in Standard, trying to play a song in "C".

*Kicks self in nuts*
And wouldnt the low C notes have to be move up another 2 frets??
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
yes
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )