Ok, i'm really frustrated here. A little while ago, I had my feet up on my desk. As I was putting my legs back down on the ground, my foot hit the volume and gain knobs of my roland microcube. Apparently it knocked somehting loose and so turning the knobs wouldn't change the volume at all. I opened it up and sorta fixed it, but now it's done it again and I can't fix it this time. Here's a pic of my problem:

I can't get piece 1 (the part which turns when you turn the knob) to fit correctly inside of piece 2. Apparently, when you turn the knob, it turns the shaft (piece 1) which then turns the inside of piece 2, changing the volume. Well this won't work anymore, and my volume's stuck at max.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

bring it to a proffesional
would cost like 50$ thou
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
keep it at max

/of sounding like a queer.

When it comes to amps, I don't mess with the insides too much, unless I know I can fix it. Take it to a professional. Chances are, you might make it worse rather than better.
Just go to a guitar store and get a new...I dunno what that's called; it's likely a potentiometer but it doesn't look like any pot I've seen before.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
looks like a broken pot.

about $10. the points going thru the green board is where it's soldered on to it.

i dont mess with amps tho.

if u feel like doing it urself, repost this in custom section. there are a few guys can talk u thru it.

kerry, gutch, a couple others.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It wouldn't be hard to do. It only looks like 3 (pretty badly) soldered joints. A simple 5 minute fix.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
That looks really easy to fix. just buy a new pot(s), unsolder the old one and put on the new one. Everything looks pretty accessible so that helps a lot. Beginner soldering skills are needed. If you can't find the exact pot from the manufacturer, get some schematics and purchase a similar value pot. All-in-all it's probably a $20, 30 minute job. I'm sure any amp tech could fix it cheaply in one day.