I have decided to start a bouzouki thread on UG. There are no others on the site.

It is for anyone who wants to discuss the instrument, how to play it, or anything. I know there will probably only be a couple of people on the whole site who play bouzouki, but I just decided to start a thread on it since I am Greek and it will be cool to expose to others.
One Artist I would recomend is Ithikon Akmentaton (ηθικον ακμαιοτατον. They have a website where you can look at many videos.
Aren't they tuned EEE?

and the 'only other instrument thread' seems to have been deleted...
The tuning depends on which bouzouki it is, a three string or four string. They are tuned D A D
Quote by Dookie92
One Artist I would recomend is Ithikon Akmentaton (ηθικον ακμαιοτατον. They have a website where you can look at many videos.

Hmm, i searched that on yahoo and it didn't find one thing. Do you have a link? It sounds pretty interesting.
Yeah, they dont have anything on Google. Here is the link
http://www.ithikonakmeotaton.net/

It is in english also.

I dont know if anyone will like it, but I like it and I think there might be a couple of people who like it. It is not pop music, only certain people like it, even in Greece.
I play bouzouki with 3 strings, the 3string is the rebetiko (clasical) I would say, the 4 string was made by a perfect bouzouki player Manolis Xiotis. the 3 string is D A D and the 4 string is C F A D (D is the string at the bottom)
if you want any tablatures or songs of bouzouki to play them at the guitar please write.
Hellas Bouzouki greekzlive.com
Last edited by thois at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by Dookie92
Yeah, they dont have anything on Google. Here is the link
http://www.ithikonakmeotaton.net/

It is in english also.

I dont know if anyone will like it, but I like it and I think there might be a couple of people who like it. It is not pop music, only certain people like it, even in Greece.

EVERYONE I KNOW LIKES LISTENING TO BOUZOUKI. IT ISN'T POP, ROK OR ANYTHING ELSE IT IS THE BEST LAIKO AND REBETIKO TWO HELLENIC WORDS.WHEN I WENT TO LONDON I PLAYED BOYZOYKI TO A REASTAURANT AND ALL THE PEOPLE THERE LOVED IT. ESSPECIALLY THE SONG "ZORBAS"

DOWNLOAD IT FROM HERE

(COMING IN 2 MINUTES)
Last edited by thois at Feb 9, 2008,
Does anyone know a place in victoria in australia where it is possible to learn bouzuki?

And is it much different from guitar?
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by Dimster Ds
Does anyone know a place in victoria in australia where it is possible to learn bouzuki?

And is it much different from guitar?

NO. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GUITAR. ITS EASY. I PLAY THE BOUZOUKI BUT I CAN PLAY ALSO BOUZOUKI SONGS IN THE GUITAR. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE USED TO THE D A D STRINGS, OR C F A D IF IT IS 4 STRING. I RECCOMEND YOU PLAY THE 4 STRING BOUZOUKI AND THEN TRY THE 3 STRING BECAUSE FOR GUITARIST ITS EASIER, THE NOTES IN THE 4 STRING ARE 1 NOTE UNDER THE GUITARS. C F A D AND D G B E (THE LAST 4 STRINGS)