This is song ive been messing around with for awhile, but im having some trouble on the solo. Im happy with it up intill were i stoped writing i want to break out into all out shred, kinda in the style of randy rhoads but nothing i write sounds right.

could anyone give me some suggestions on a build up that would make way for a old school shred solo Thanks
Attachments:
The Return.zip
key i need a key cant be arsed figuring out the key and scale it looks like a major but im not certain??? also can you play sixteenths at 200bpm because that would be insane you should have slowed it sown before or just where you finished have a little interlude and slow the tempo down a bit then i could have a look at tryin to put somethin in for you

also dude below buy the damn product your the reason theyre losing money, and theyres no such thing as GP6 foo'
Last edited by ch715dallat at Mar 15, 2007,
im not able to open a gp6 file since i only have gp3 but played lots of randys stuff so i can give you some insights to his style by showing you some licks and tricks if that is want you're lookin for. just response
Last edited by Inf1n1tY. at Mar 15, 2007,
I added the Midi. and im not sure of the key, im not much into theory

O and thanks man but ive been playing randy stuff since i started playing but i just cant seem to get a shred solo to fit in there
Attachments:
The Return.zip
Quote by Inf1n1tY.
im not able to open a gp6 file since i only have gp3 but played lots of randys stuff so i can give you some insights to his style by showing you some licks and tricks if that is want you're lookin for. just response

what insights will you be able to give that anyone who has played randys stuff wouldnt be able to give, hes obviously played plenty of randy to know he wants a solo in that style, also no GP6 made, and go buy Guitar pro instead of stealing a copy its only 40 quid.
Quote by ch715dallat
what insights will you be able to give that anyone who has played randys stuff wouldnt be able to give, hes obviously played plenty of randy to know he wants a solo in that style, also no GP6 made, and go buy Guitar pro instead of stealing a copy its only 40 quid.

if you think so .. i would be proud if anyone could show me something bout randy's style i dont know .. obviously .. im not in the mood to flame sry^^

ps 40 bucks is alot to me
o i thought you were bitchin at me for stealing it.

how do you know he stole it anyway

And yes i can play 16th notes that fast but i just want and idea on how to make it sound right thats all i wanted not a flame on weather or not he bought the product
If your really looking for a shred solo i cant help you there, but i think a solo should be more than a buch of fast notes. Take a band like Trivium for example. They got where they are because of their talent as musicians and their composing. If you take any on of their solos, youll recognize memorable lines and sections and it all flows very nicely. They have an old school feel, maybe not of randy rhoads, but of Metallica, Pantera, etc. I love them not only because of their skill, but also because of their genius compositions. (especially their new album, The Crusade )
yeah i know what ya mean but they also in there all of their composing include a shit load of shreding. im not looking for dragonforce 3 miniutes of 32nd notes at 175BPM im talking melodic flowing shred like pantera Randy Rhoads or even like you said Trivium
Quote by 6_6_6_1_syn
If your really looking for a shred solo i cant help you there, but i think a solo should be more than a buch of fast notes. Take a band like Trivium for example. They got where they are because of their talent as musicians and their composing. If you take any on of their solos, youll recognize memorable lines and sections and it all flows very nicely. They have an old school feel, maybe not of randy rhoads, but of Metallica, Pantera, etc. I love them not only because of their skill, but also because of their genius compositions. (especially their new album, The Crusade )

ew dude. Trivium is terrible, they can't even play the crappy solo's they write. Necrophagist has some great solo composition, but if you want something less technical and less shred, Megadeth's older solos. When they had Marty their solo's were amazing.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
yeah i love Marty but i need some ideas on how to help make a shred solo work with my song. (no offence but i dont need knowledge on what guitarist style would work i already know all about martys, randys, triviums, and necraphagist's style)
Quote by Bodomizer
ew dude. Trivium is terrible, they can't even play the crappy solo's they write. Necrophagist has some great solo composition, but if you want something less technical and less shred, Megadeth's older solos. When they had Marty their solo's were amazing.

theyre not terrible, theyre are awesome musisians with ****en ace solos you may not like their music and thats an opinion of yours but it doesnt mean theyre shit, and 'cant play their crappy solos' i dont like necrophagist but i recognise he makes some technical ass solos mut the rest of the riffs and stuff sound like ass to me, but i dont go saying theyre terrible because they arent its just im not fond of that genre. so dont state your opinions as fact dumbass.
i said that trivium can't play they're solos.. because they can't. Listen to them live... there are sooo many missed notes. its sounds terrible. When they record it, yeah they sound pretty good, but they can't come close to that live. Necrophagist definitely can, they incredibly clean live.. but this is beside the point. Anyhow, when writing out your solo, just kinda write as you go.. try as much things as you can until you get that sound that love. In shred solos, arpeggios are key. Definitely mess around with sweeping, but don't try to over do it. If you keep at it, you'll find something you like.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise