The Sacrilegious Scorn is their best track there I think. At like 1:33 or something, where that quiet choir comes in, the next 2 minutes or so are truly epic
I haven't listened much to it. I'm rather waiting for the CD release with the booklet so I can easier understand the story, but I absolutely love The Serpentine Offering!
We could just discuss this in the Dimmu thread...

Anyway, the new album is wonderful, I really don't know why so many people bash Dimmu. And a better album than DCA indeed.
Quote by BrofUJu
We could just discuss this in the Dimmu thread...

Anyway, the new album is wonderful, I really don't know why so many people bash Dimmu. And a better album than DCA indeed.

Because they all jump on the bandwagon, calling them sellouts. . Because everyone knows that making more money, and changing your sound (for the better, I might add), makes you a sellout. They use their fortune to hire orchestras and stuff now, have much better recording and production, and everything. Basically all they need to worry about now is their creativity, they dont have to worry about the rest of the stuff normal black metal bands do, like recording quality and worrying about not being "tr00"
"Better than Death Cult Armageddon" isn't that hard to do! IMO.

It DOES sound pretty good so far, though.
I love it... The serpentine Offering has an amazing intro and is a great song..
I like all the tracks as well.

I think ISD > DCA
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by insideac
Because they all jump on the bandwagon, calling them sellouts. . Because everyone knows that making more money, and changing your sound (for the better, I might add), makes you a sellout. They use their fortune to hire orchestras and stuff now, have much better recording and production, and everything. Basically all they need to worry about now is their creativity, they dont have to worry about the rest of the stuff normal black metal bands do, like recording quality and worrying about not being "tr00"

Yeah man, totally agreed. Its an excellent point, because I think the fact that they do make some decent cash now is one of the best things about them. They're probably the largest real black metal band out there, and it gives them access to excellent production and orchestras and stuff, and do some stuff with their sound that some bedroom project obviously can't, which is why I really like them.
Quote by BrofUJu
Yeah man, totally agreed. Its an excellent point, because I think the fact that they do make some decent cash now is one of the best things about them. They're probably the largest real black metal band out there, and it gives them access to excellent production and orchestras and stuff, and do some stuff with their sound that some bedroom project obviously can't, which is why I really like them.

Exactly!

And another thing I LOVE about Sacrilegious Scorn (track 4), is the intro, how it starts all weird, and then that awesome drum beat comes in. gah.
where was this leaked to? ( no one with brains bashes dimmu, fame does not always meen selling out, even in the black metal world )
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
I dislike Shagrath but Dimmu isn't that bad. I'm not their biggest fan (I prefer Old Man's Child) but I don't think they sold out. Where's this new stuff been leaked? I'm slightly interested.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 16, 2007,
yeah, apparently the way to be true black metal is to have 4 fans, recording quality as if you record the song live in the bathroom with a Nokia3310 and with no label... yeah... But I like those too, lol.. Xasthur ftw..

But dimmu havent sold out and ISD is an amazing album..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
lol, true black metal would be never making a record. or, never playing a show, because you might profit. or, never letting anyone hear the music.

either way, i hope this is as good as everyone says.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
In all honesty though guys, Dimmu thread.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
It's a killer cd, completely blew me away.

10/10

Seriously, it's that good
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget