Page 1 of 2
So it has come to my attention after reading the thread "your musical journey" that alot of you are hypocrites. You make fun of anybody that listens to blink, fallout boy, greenday, ect... basically anything mainstream or on mtv, yet alot of you, judging by what was read in the musical journey thread, used to listen to it. Do you find that the least bit hypocritical?

Its clear that bands like those were your stepping stone on to what would be seen as the "talented" or "accepted" bands among UG. Im just curious why you guys bash them? If they were your stepping stone, what makes you assume that these kids will not progress musically?

Since most of you listened to those, bands, im taking a guess that you also played the bands songs, so why is it such a crime when somebody new to guitar learns a popular bands songs? It took all of you a few years before you discovered life outside of mtv and alot of you have become elitist bastards since. You were once that kid, so get over it. If you need proof, just go read the musical journey thread or think about what you used to listen to. I promise you did not come out of your mommy listening to Metallica or Jimi, you need to start somewhere.
I'm definitely not. I'm not ashamed of what I listen to or used to listen to.

I get the feeling most people bash the same bands because it's cool to do it.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
I listened to Rammstein. They ****ing rock! And I can openly admit to liking (sp) some Green Day and one Blink song. So what? I also like some pop. And some house. Who cares?

But yeah, I'm a hypocrite I also noticed that Westerners seem to like this term very much. I can't think of a Russian translation and hence can't think of too many situations where such a term would be used...
for rent
Quote by Deliriumbassist
everyone's a hypocrite. Get over it.

And btw, I came out of my mummy listening to Van Halen, The Eagles and Eric Clapton... I had no punk stage

And what gives you the right to feel all enlightened, by the way?

Who said I feel enlightened? look at the thread and you will see its pretty clear what im talking about. Take 2 minutes out of your day and read the thread. Im sure you dont have much else to do then jack off and play World of Warcraft anyway.
Quote by Xerothunder
I'm definitely not. I'm not ashamed of what I listen to or used to listen to.

I get the feeling most people bash the same bands because it's cool to do it.

zomg! I havent sen you in ages.

But I dont "bash" bands like greenday, I used to, and still do, listen to them. Greenday, anyway. Its just that American Idiot suxxorz.
Quote by MyDickYourMouth
Who said I feel enlightened? look at the thread and you will see its pretty clear what im talking about. Take 2 minutes out of your day and read the thread. Im sure you dont have much else to do then jack off and play World of Warcraft anyway.

well, I did read the thread, and it seemed like a "I'M THE ONLY NON-HYPOCRITICAL PERSON HERE LOLZOR" speech (IMO), therefore giving me the impression that you feel enlightened about this subject.

And I have never played World of Warcraft. This piece of crap comp and net connection has no chance
Quote by Deliriumbassist
well, I did read the thread, and it seemed like a "I'M THE ONLY NON-HYPOCRITICAL PERSON HERE LOLZOR" speech (IMO), therefore giving me the impression that you feel enlightened about this subject.

And I have never played World of Warcraft. This piece of crap comp and net connection has no chance

Read the Musical journey thread...not this one. I assumed you already read this since you posted in it

Sorry about your slow computer, sorry to interupt your jackin off.
Quote by MyDickYourMouth
Read the Musical journey thread...not this one. I assumed you already read this since you posted in it

My, my... Isnt someone a wee bit touchy? Along with a wee bit unable to spell. It's "interrupt" and "you're".

You were being an asshole, hence the need for me to be a spelling nazi.
Quote by MyDickYourMouth

nope, no jacking off for me today, I have the missus coming over..

and why the hell do people use jacking off as an insult?

"JUST F*CK OFF AND MASTURBATE"

"MMKAY....(happy warm feeling inside)"

But yeah, you'll be a hypocrite as well... therefore making you a double hypocrite by calling others hypocrites.
Some wisdom that was passed down to me from a guy who is a whole year older than me(exciting, I know): "Don't worry about it." Seriously that piece of wisdom applies to everything especially this thread.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
My, my... Isnt someone a wee bit touchy? Along with a wee bit unable to spell. It's "interrupt" and "you're".

You were being an asshole, hence the need for me to be a spelling nazi.

Its a forum populated by 14 year olds, i could care less about proper grammar.
I started playing guitar with songs like One, Nothing Else Matters and Hey Joe, even though they weren't exactly for absolute beginners, because that's what I liked to listen to. Quit assuming that everyone started guitar with songs by shitty pop/punk bands.

People bash those bands because their music sucks. If you like them, listen to their music as much as you want and shut up.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by MyDickYourMouth

"Its a forum populated by 14 year olds"... so why the **** do you need to be so, as was aptly said by DeliriumBassist, "enlightened"?
Quote by MyDickYourMouth

Actually it is more like 16 year olds.

I admit I listened to some Green Day. I mostly listened to Britpop but that was probably just a culture thing. I didn't listen to punk, although I did have some metal.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by MyDickYourMouth

For ****'s sake!!! It's "I COULDN'T care less!", not "I could care less".

Use your brains! If you COULD care less, then it doesn't make sense!!! It makes sense if you COULDN'T care less! ARGHH!
for rent
Quote by MyDickYourMouth

And you honestly expect them NOT to be hypocrites? 14 Years, or the majority of the ones i have seen (not all of them, but the ones at my school) are complete twats and think they know everything because they've just hit puberty.

If you can care less about your grammar, care less about what people do and realise that bitching on the internet won't change it.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
I remember learning a rasmus song when I first started.
Ohhh the shame!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Mad Marius

People bash those bands because their music sucks. If you like them, listen to their music as much as you want and shut up.

+1

Oh and, shitty is uncensored.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
I remember learning a rasmus song when I first started.
Ohhh the shame!

Ok, this just crosses the ****ing line! TWICE!

SHAME! ON! YOU!
for rent
I always lie

In all honesty, I dont like the bands that you mentioned, and I never did. Nothing personal, just that the likes of Zep/Floyd/Metallica clicked in my ears a hell lot more
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
I like Blink 182- nice summery songs and I respect Green Day for their success- I'm not jealous like that. But yes, i can be a hypocrite.
signature
I don't think I'm a hypocrite, or the people in the Musical Journey are.... who you are back then and now are different people. Just because you did something stupid back then doesn't mean you can't make fun of it.

I for one listened to Good Charlotte at one point, but meh. Doesn't mean I won't give em a break, despite them obviously sucking.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Gakusey
Ok, this just crosses the ****ing line! TWICE!

SHAME! ON! YOU!

Maybe inside there is an emo crying to get out LOL
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by raise_the_dead
+1

Oh and, shitty is uncensored.

?!

shitty

My life is now complete.

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius

We could go the other way and say "if you don't like those bands, don't listen to them and shut up" but that would be just as idiotic a statement as yours.

I find it absolutely stupid that anyone is ashamed of what they listen to or used to listen to. All that tells me is that you're a trend-follower who doesn't really have an opinion of their own. You can say you don't like a band, you can say you love a band... but why be ashamed of it at all?

I grew up listening to country. I was into pop music when I was 10, that's what I was listening to. From there I picked up on mainstream rock like Creed... started listening to pop-punk and nu-metal... started liking metal, eventually discovered a love for symphonic and gothic rock and metal... also listen to dance, some hip-hop, newer country...

Why would I be ashamed of any of that? Because someone else doesn't like it? See if I give a fuck.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by Gakusey
For ****'s sake!!! It's "I COULDN'T care less!", not "I could care less".

Use your brains! If you COULD care less, then it doesn't make sense!!! It makes sense if you COULDN'T care less! ARGHH!

OMFG THANK YOU, Gakusey!!! You're the ONLY person I've ever seen on the internet besides myself that gets that.
^^ sorry, I never tell anyone what they should listen to, and I don't make threads where I insult people because they don't like what I like.

As for your assumption that I'm a "trend-follower who doesn't really have an opinion of their own", you couldn't have got it more wrong, I am the exact opposite of that.

i love green day and fall out boy and bands on mtv. (Im listening to green day at the moment) i dont bash people for what they listen to...

and everyone is a hypocrite at some point in their life.
So it has come to my attention after reading the thread "your musical journey" that alot of you are hypocrites. You make fun of anybody that listens to blink, fallout boy, greenday, ect... basically anything mainstream or on mtv, yet alot of you, judging by what was read in the musical journey thread, used to listen to it. Do you find that the least bit hypocritical?

Hypocrisy involves pretending to have morals or values that one does not have. It's an active attempt at deception. Criticizing a band that you used to listen to is not hypocrisy.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Mad Marius

+1

Listen to what you like and the hell with everyone's thoughts on it.
The difference is that most people here used to listen to that when they were 13 years old. Not 16 - 18 =\
And everyone is a bit hypocrite in something. But I don't see myself as a hypocrite person
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
The difference is that most people here used to listen to that when they were 13 years old. Not 16 - 18 =\
And everyone is a bit hypocrite in something. But I don't see myself as a hypocrite person

You are a jew, hence you are a hypocrite...

****ing eh, I hate the people on this site.

you guys are pretty retarded, sorry for making a thread that is not about anal sex, beastiality, or complaining how you I will never get laid...

****ing idiots.
Page 1 of 2