Hey guys..

I was just wondering.. how woild i go about spiking upo my hair for a mohawk.. My hair is about 3 inch long.. ish... give or take..

i was wondering how i should spike it up.. say gel or wax? are there any special ways to make it stay there etc etc.. thanks guys!

By the way its for comic relief haha!
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
Last edited by ixion at Mar 15, 2007,
no. just no. if you want a mohawk, shave the rest off. people will gel mohawks look like retards.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
no. just no. if you want a mohawk, shave the rest off. people will gel mohawks look like retards.

I think they look better ... I know here in the UK we can get something called "Hard Head". Basically it's like a gel, but it goes super hard, perfect for really long mohawks and spikes.
First of all, it's comic relief, not relife. I doubt very much your hair is funny, and even so, it's not going to relieve stress in any situation. Secondly, if it's not serious and you are just doing it to be funny, who cares how it's done properly... just throw some crap in it and hope it works.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
I am doing it just to raise some money.. :/
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
wood glue and spray paint. be a real man and have all your hair fall out.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
just find a REALLY strong gel or wax to use and it should work, alos you may need to try a bit of hairspray

if you have never had it done, try getting a brazillian done and se how many poeple will sponsor you for that 1
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
If it's only 3 inches long than gel should hold it up fine. If you want it to set rock hard then just use a bit of hairspray. My mohican is about 8 inches long and takes ages to spike up!

EDIT: Just thought I'd add that back combing it like a mother fu.cker under a hair dryer will help it to stay in place as well.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Last edited by Cecil Gonzales at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by Gakusey
Damn, I used to have a non-shaved Mohawk (( Am I a tard?

Yes.

Real men use hair spray.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

wax, and aquanet, and fauxhawks are really lame, shave the sides of your head first, and also be warned that it will take awhile, mines about 20 inches and takes about an hour and half to get it to stand up.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah, mine was lie 9in, use hairspary, a friend of mine once used hairspray and then straightttened it, worked but smelt ofburning all day
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Another way which I find saves time is to pyscially hold it in the air with one hand, spray hairspray on it and use a hairdryer on low power to set it quickly.
I also find that it's much easier if you do the back first because it's really hard to see what you're doing when the top is spiked up.

Having said all that; the easiest thing of all is just to get your miss's to do it. They're used to fannying about with hair all the time so they can do it really quickly.
Nah, my uni'll probably ban me or something for a real Mohawk (I mean, we're supposed to be government agents, diplomats, ministers etc.), so I just have spiky hair now. Who cares...
for rent
The only reason I've got my mohican is because it really pisses my bosses off at work. I know they want to sake me but as it says nothing in my contract about apperarence they can't do squat
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
The only reason I've got my mohican is because it really pisses my bosses off at work. I know they want to sake me but as it says nothing in my contract about apperarence they can't do squat

Typical office attitude I wonder why hasn't the corporate world collapsed yet?
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
Typical office attitude I wonder why hasn't the corporate world collapsed yet?

I don't work in an office, I'm an engineer. I suppose it didn't help that at the same time I got my mohican I decided to dye my beard purple aswell. Looked fcuking cool though!
hairglue? whats that... aye.. i think i will straighten it up whiel spraying hairspray on it..shall i show you the results tommrrow? can you post picture of yours?
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
This is a really old picture but it's the only one I've got on my PC. The sides are way too long on this!
Attachments:
me.JPG
Quote by doggy_hat
Elmers glue, and a layer of Maximum strength Got 2 b Glued Hairspray for reinforcement.

Also, using a hairstraightener istead of a blowdryer can work better.

You just want to cause a fire, don't you? You long distance arsonist you.
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Quote by mister389
You just want to cause a fire, don't you? You long distance arsonist you.

What do you mean? When My hair used to be short enough to spike, I would use elmer's glue and hairspray all the time, and never had problems.
Quote by llanafreak44
Knox gelatin works wonders

Until it gets wet! Don't forget it's still winter in the UK and it rains a lot!
cecil thats mint mate
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
Don't really know where the cocktail umbrellas came from. By the looks of it I was pretty hammered that day!