Alright, I am wondering if anybody would know what mid, treble, presence, and EQ positions would be best to get the Master of Puppets (Album) type of distortion, or just general good, not muddy, clean sounding distortion best for heavy metal in a down tuning like DGCFAD, and CGCFAD.

I am running through a POD XT Live into a Line 6 Flextone III.

Thanks!
My Gear

BC Rich Warlock
Austin Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 150w 2x12 Flextone III
Line 6 POD XT Live
If im correct

the EQ's should be

bass- 10
Treble- 10
mids- 0
-gain =- not sure just screw around

its pritty basic the kill 'em all sound was similar set up's.
Member #2 of the dean owners club, PM g1asseye to join.

92% of teens have moved on to rap repost this if you are one of the 8% that listen to real music

Rock IN Peace Darrell Lance Abbott \m/
Thx, I fiddle around with it more as well, any tips for the black album sound by any chance?
My Gear

BC Rich Warlock
Austin Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 POD XT Live
DONT scoop the mids like that guy^^ says- it sounds like shit. I just mess around with my EQ till i get a tone i like (well...like as much as i can with my fender SS )
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yeah, I had one of my buddies last night tell me to not scoop the mids as well, just keep them low.
My Gear

BC Rich Warlock
Austin Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 POD XT Live
Don't take out your mids entirely, that's the way you get your tone to sound like crap. However, Metallica do keep their mids fairly low. They were instrumental in popularizing that.

I would say keep your mids about halfway up, and your treble and bass boosted a little bit. Then turn up the gain to your taste. Remember that on their albums, their gain isn't that high. They just record their guitar parts over and over again, then layer them.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
You won't. They used about 50 million different amps and recorded the tracks over and over and over and over.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.