His tone in the slow solo bit pisses me the **** off.... way too sharp.

If you want fun lines that could be funk or metal depending on the drums/guitar, check out rage against the machine.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Improv mate. The only way. Sometimes i get lost for like two hours jamming on my own. Learn your neck and a little theory and it will open a whole new world to your playing. try recording yourself - wha you hear then is what everyone else hears when you play. It's a great way to sort your playing out.
dude if you learn your scales and chord progressions and stuff then you don't even have to learn songs, you can just solo or jam for hours on a specific chord progression. its cool
all right thanks guys, i need to get started on this scales crap. anyone know a good website or such?
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.