it seems that the time for submitting university applications is drawing ever near and I am stuck with choosing. It seemed I had found my perfect career in medicine as a doctor, something challenging, and something new everyday, and also almost a garuntee I wouldnt be bored or feel like I'm wasting my life. But alas, I live in the UK, and as for medical education, its in a very bad state. Its extremely hard to get accepted, even with straight As. That and this country doesnt seem to want anymore doctors. 8,000 out of the original 28,000 have been kicked. I already know 2 surgeons who are unemployed looking for work. That and the goverment seem to be trying to scapegoat people into thinking the problems of the NHS are doctors faults, and then trying to cut their wages.
From looking around at careers, it seems that the UK doesnt want anymore people. I'm considering going abroad once I get my qualifications, but anyway I was wondering if UG has any suggestsions on what would be a cool job. Something worthwhile in which I wouldnt be bored or not challenged. That and the wage should probs be over the 100,000 mark. A man has to live doesnt he
music teacher
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Do the right thing.

Choose LAW
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Do what you want to do, you will never be happy if you don't.

You want to be a doctor? well do everything in your power to be a doctor, If you choose something you don't feel 100% happy about you will only end up regretting it.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
Do what you want to do, you will never be happy if you don't.

You want to be a doctor? well do everything in your power to be a doctor, If you choose something you don't feel 100% happy about you will only end up regretting it.

Quote by fronkpies
Pshht, sound engineering geeks < law geeks

I love you Fronks LOL.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by rabidguitarist
music teacher

hmm...na. I've decided to stay away from teaching. Nothing wrong with it as a proffesion, but still i feel that it would be giving up on my behalf to go teach music, or physics or maths or similar. Teaching something is a hell of alot easier than going out and doing it
come to america.... from what i've heard, there's a bit of a doctor/nurse shortage.
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
Quote by Bullet-Rule
I wouldn't rest your future in the gruesome arms of UG.

I know. I was hoping to get a few novel ideas though for side jobs here to. Like toilet attendant. I was watching kig of the hill and theres just something cool about it. giving out the free mints and all
well, I want to be a doctor, but I didn't get the grades, so I'm now in my first year doing biomedical sciences at Chester, and if the doctor situation gets any better, I'll use that degree to get onto a post-grad medicine course. Also, biomedical sciences graduates are nearly guaranteed a job at the end of the 4 years (3 years doing the degree, and then in order to become state registered, you have to work in a pathology lab for a year and write a journal to be reviewed by the BMSc board.). There's loads of other oppurtunities as well, like pharmaceutical work etc with the degree as well.
Quote by CoreysMonster
become a hobo, not a more exciting job in the world

Home is where I'll never be!

I'm gonna be the greatest Grifter/Busker/Mailman/Book Scout ever!
If you're serious about study abroad / perhaps live abroad, there's always a need for doctors here in the US. Same w/ nurses if you don't want to do all the schooling or whatever. My mom is a nurse, she can basically work wherever she wants to 'cause all the hospitals, etc, need nurses.
It seems the time for submitting uni applications is drawing near....

erm wtf mate? the deadline for ucas is january. You have about 11 months!

How much do u like the UK? are you open to the possibility of doing a degree in medicine then practicing in a different country? also you can study courses in english abroad in some places. Don't inhibit yourself because our country is shit.
One thing for sure, i wouldn't be asking about my career here, well, it depends on what type of forums actually. Here, most of the users are teenage, and normally don't really know what's happenning so......

Btw, studying medicine is very challenging indeed, one of the hardest major of all, so, are you taking it just because it's hard or you're taking it, because you love to see blood and stuffs. Oh my, the way i look at it, i can't even imagine slicing people's body up, and then take some parts off them, replace them with another. lol i guess that's just surgery, but, whatever, i would never take medicine as a major.
i would say either to go to the states or Canada, there's a higher demand in Canada so it would be easier to get a job, and if you are looking to open up a practice i believe that the government helps you out.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It seems the time for submitting uni applications is drawing near....

erm wtf mate? the deadline for ucas is january. You have about 11 months!

How much do u like the UK? are you open to the possibility of doing a degree in medicine then practicing in a different country? also you can study courses in english abroad in some places. Don't inhibit yourself because our country is shit.

ye maybe i exaggerated a bit. I have looked at other countries. Some parts of europe look good but I dont have an languages. I'm looking at america but it may be a hard place to go to. I have about 13,000 but I dont think that would be near enough to get me over.I mite try and enter the country as a physicist. Its amazing how much better america pays its scientists. In the UK a doctor of physics can look forward to earning less than a plumber, but things in america as far as pay scales go, seem fairer
You're looking at this the wrong way. don't pick your education based on what career you want to pursue, pick your education based on what you love to do. Then, from there, pick a career in the field you love and are educated in. It'll mean that you'll be able to do any number of things that you like to begin with.
Quote by KIDRoach
One thing for sure, i wouldn't be asking about my career here, well, it depends on what type of forums actually. Here, most of the users are teenage, and normally don't really know what's happenning so......

Btw, studying medicine is very challenging indeed, one of the hardest major of all, so, are you taking it just because it's hard or you're taking it, because you love to see blood and stuffs. Oh my, the way i look at it, i can't even imagine slicing people's body up, and then take some parts off them, replace them with another. lol i guess that's just surgery, but, whatever, i would never take medicine as a major.

I couldnt be a surgeon. I dont have the hands, but I'm pretty sure I could do the doctorly things like taking blood, setting up IVs, incubation etc. They ease you into these sorts of things Ive been told by doctors I know. Shaving people sounds a bit embarrasing but Im pretty sure I could do it if needs be. Candas looking a good option. Imigration to the country also looks practical unlike america, for which I cannot figure out how to get in at all.
Quote by Def
ye maybe i exaggerated a bit. I have looked at other countries. Some parts of europe look good but I dont have an languages. I'm looking at america but it may be a hard place to go to. I have about 13,000 but I dont think that would be near enough to get me over.I mite try and enter the country as a physicist. Its amazing how much better america pays its scientists. In the UK a doctor of physics can look forward to earning less than a plumber, but things in america as far as pay scales go, seem fairer

I have family in finland and was looking to study there. If you look around you will find a fair few courses that are taught in english. There's no definate list so you would need to search by institution in each country, which might take a while, but you could definately find an english-speaking medicine degree, at least in europe. Do you know how much america charges as tuition fees? You can get loans and grants if you stay in the UK, and in most parts of europe it's free. Another thing worth considering is if you study in europe, you can work anywhere in europe. Including the UK. If you study in america, you may need to take some kind of topup degree or refresher course before you can practice in the UK because their education system is completely different.