So I had mine set up for "drop C" tuning and I went to tune it and all the strings wouldn't stay in tune. I saw the man at the shop tuning it with the action screws, but eh should I really be messing with the action screws? So I got it into tune finally, but im not sure if I just killed the whole set up.

Heres a few pics of what it looks like:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s201/madbassskils/100_0381_00.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s201/madbassskils/100_0378.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s201/madbassskils/100_0374.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s201/madbassskils/100_0380.jpg

Any advice on what to do fellas? I don't want to take it back to the damn shop, i just blew 100$ to had it set up.
Are you trying to tune back to standard?

If so, you shouldn't be trying to do alternate tunings on a guitar with a locking bridge...
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
No, im trying to tune into drop c. I tuned in to drop C, but im not sure if its really floating anymore =/. Its suppose to be set up for drop C tunings, I took it to a shop for a setup on drop c.
I feel your pain. i have had a lot of frustration dealing with my tremolo, putting it out of tune, messing it up when i try to restring it, etc. i finally found a guitar teacher who is also a repairman, and i am paying him for a lesson next week, and he is going to re-set my guitar with me, and show me step by step how the damn thing works and how to adjust it etc.

might be a good idea for you to consider in the future.
its angled down a bit, but its not to bad.

the thing to remember about floating trems is that all the strings are connect, tightening one string will cause all the others the lower a bit and vice versa...but if it sounds good i wouldnt mess with it. Otherwise u can striaghten it up, it just takes a while
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
man its easy...open up the back with the tremelo part...see those two BIG screws? make sure there always equal. in your case they need to be slackened. As when its in the tuning you want its to low so more of the tension needs to go to the strings

Its quite simple when u think about it...think about it as a balance between two tensions...the strings and the springs pulling in the back of the tremelo. its these two tensions that hold it up

Slacken the screws just A tiny bit and then tune it to drop c again and it should be a tiny bit better
It sounds good, I never really did anything with floating trem's till now. Would I still be able to do those high pitch squeels with it?

Oh and how do I get them to all tune in? Do I just keep tunings and tuning =/?
What the tech SHOULD have told you is that you need to decrease the tension of the tremolo springs to balance the lower string tension caused by tuning lower...it's nothing to do with the action.

Bring the bridge back up a bit and loosen the screws in the back cavity a little to lower the spring tension. There's a little notch in the side of the bridge, you can see it if you look down at it while playing...that needs to be parallel with the face of the guitar. The bridge is floating, so every time you adjust a string all the others go out...that's why it takes so long. Every time you tune a string go back and retune the ones before, eventually it'll be right.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
What the tech SHOULD have told you is that you need to decrease the tension of the tremolo springs to balance the lower string tension caused by tuning lower...it's nothing to do with the action.

Bring the bridge back up a bit and loosen the screws in the back cavity a little to lower the spring tension. There's a little notch in the side of the bridge, you can see it if you look down at it while playing...that needs to be parallel with the face of the guitar. The bridge is floating, so every time you adjust a string all the others go out...that's why it takes so long. Every time you tune a string go back and retune the ones before, eventually it'll be right.

What do you mean bring the bridge up a little? With the little screws on the sides of the action things?
Hmm so the video just made me lose faith because I have 2 springs haha. Eh so lower the tension a little bit im guessing.
What do you mean bring the bridge up a little? With the little screws on the sides of the action things?

Well, you said you'd already adusted the action...if you meant the two allen key holes either side of the bridge then yes, those. Unless you didn't actually alter the action and it was something else in which case leave it. If you aren't getting fret buzz then it should be okay as it is.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com