I have to write an essay on "Do song lyrics affect the Brain"
It's due tommorow and i have no idea where to start.
I need a good intro, three to four paragraph topics and a conclusion.
Ideas and other shit welcomed.
My Gear:
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Marshall MG series 250 DFX
Quote by Nick_04
I have to write an essay on "Do song lyrics affect the Brain"
It's due tommorow and i have no idea where to start.
I need a good intro, three to four paragraph topics and a conclusion.
Ideas and other shit welcomed.

you idiot

intro - i am going to see if song lyrics affect the brain or not

1st para - yes they do. give an example and explain how it affects the brain
2nd para yes they do again. give another example and explain how it affects the brain

3rd para - no they dont. give an example. explain why doesnt affect the brain
4th para - no they dont. give another example. explain why it doesnt affect the brain

conclusion - do they or dont they affect the brain? say in a sentence or 2 why you think that
have u tried researching first?
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
yes and i cant find anything
My Gear:
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Quote by metallinutter
you idiot

2nd para yes they do again. give another example and explain how it affects the brain

4th para - no they dont. give another example. explain why it doesnt affect the brain

conclusion - do they or dont they affect the brain? say in a sentence or 2 why you think that

This guy is an idiot..The intro needs a thesis and needs to talk about the topic. then i need 4 ****ing points and a good conculsion
My Gear:
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
So this is a cause/effect essay you say?

What I do is explain the topic and its negative affects in the thesis and intro paragraph. Then, I draw observations in the media and such and put that in the second paragraph. The 3rd paragraph I use personal experience, then in the conclusion I give my "Jerry Springer Final Thought" saying why I agree/disagree....but, my strategies won't work for everybody. Everyone writes different.
LOL
shit i forgot it's an expository essay
My Gear:
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Quote by Nick_04
shit i forgot it's an expository essay

Oh, I have no experience with those then.
LOL
****ing homo
My Gear:
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Quote by metallinutter
you idiot

Are you ****ing retarded? First off, you don't introduce new points in your conclusion, you summarize the ones you made in the body text. Second, if the question is "do song lyrics affect the brain" then he has to pick a side and argue in favor of it, not give reasons for both.

Yes, they do. You can say how people get "pumped" while working out listening to music, how music makes people dance (clubs), sometimes increases aggression (moshes), or brings up strong emotions (sad songs). As for actual sources I'm not gonna go out and find them for you, but these are good examples. Break them apart in detail, make a few paragraphs, and you're done.
sweet thanks man
My Gear:
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Quote by billab0ng
Are you ****ing retarded? First off, you don't introduce new points in your conclusion, you summarize the ones you made in the body text. Second, if the question is "do song lyrics affect the brain" then he has to pick a side and argue in favor of it, not give reasons for both.

I think you're the retarded one in this case. To get higher marks in these sorts of essays, you take points from both sides, and in your conclusion, determine which side you feel is correct, and give your reasoning.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I think you're the retarded one in this case. To get higher marks in these sorts of essays, you take points from both sides, and in your conclusion, determine which side you feel is correct, and give your reasoning.

That's a two sided essay ya retard
My Gear:
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Quote by Nick_04
That's a two sided essay ya retard

Well, with every essay question worded like "Does bla blah blah do/affect blah blah blah" that I've had to do, the people who took both sides of the arguement and made an educated decision in the conclusion always got better marks. So f*ck off.
Once I had to write an essay on Hendrix and Van Halen. I got a B+

[/Off Topic]
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
I agree with Deliriumbassist, you have to present the arguments against your own point of view, and then explain why you are more right. And not just say "I feel", you need arguments
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
thesis points:

Song lyrics can take us into imaginary worlds by breaking the boundaries of reality (space oddity by David Bowie)
Song lyrics allow for their audiences to see through the eyes of the composer and empathise with his cause (changes - tupac)

Thats all i can really think of right now. I guess if your really struggling you can lead off from the song lyrics take us into imaginary worlds thesis point and then say song lyrics can allow us to become neglectful of reality.

(none of this is prob relevant )
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.