This is a song i wrote recently that i like, and im quite proud of. It's quite thrashy, well atleast i think it is anyway. Please be as honest a possible when rating this to help me make it better. Not only do i want opinions on the song in general, i would also like to know whether you think i should put a solo in there (the song is not finished, but stops at a good time for where a solo should roughly be). Also, even though the interlude sounds strange on GP, i find it sounds better when played on guitar.

I am happy to look at your stuff, if you are to rate mine

Ps. This is the first song i have ever done with drums, so im sorry if they're poor.
Attachments:
Trench Warfare.zip
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Mar 15, 2007,
i would definatly put in a solo i think it would fit the trash sound of the sound perferctly. the song its self i ejoyed quite a bit some of the riffs needed a little color though some more variations upon them to help lighten it up abit. the drums also could use some work they were very distant and i didnt really notice them.

overall it wasnt bad a solo and mabey an tempo increase somerwher in the song would make it alot better 7/10

Crit mine? its below in my signature
The riffs are good, especially the interlude, got a good iron maiden-esque riff there. The drums seem too random to me, not really driving the song forward as much, and if you could get some faster riffs and a good thrashy solo in there the song would be vastly improved. With what it is now i'll give it a 6.5/10, which will increase to at least an 8 with a solo and some speedier riffs.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545470
Quote by pete07
The riffs are good, especially the interlude, got a good iron maiden-esque riff there. The drums seem too random to me, not really driving the song forward as much, and if you could get some faster riffs and a good thrashy solo in there the song would be vastly improved. With what it is now i'll give it a 6.5/10, which will increase to at least an 8 with a solo and some speedier riffs.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545470

was it the drums in general that sucked, or were there some good bits, some bad?
^ the drums didnt suck as such, they just need to be a bit thrashier, at the moment they kind of give it a military march feel which i will admit im not sure if thats what you were going for, but for thrash try and get something-its hard to explain but try n get some drum patterns that will get people headbanging and moshing along. Having said that, the drums in the interlude are fine-nothing wrong with that bit whatsoever.
ah, i see your point. Thanks man, i'll redo the drums later, and probably upload to show
that was good but maybe need a few riff variations as the intro got quite repetitive and boring i understand a bit of repetition as i myself use a hell of alot its just it was the same riff again and again in the intro maybe throw a few variations of it in there and then try throw in a solo somewhere it doesnt have to be long just something to spice things up and take away from the monotony, to be honest i dont think it needs to be sped up any altho a speedy interlude riff or something would be cool, but yeah sounds good to be man, i'm currently writing alot of stuff like this take a look at mine if you get time
I agree with that this could use a solo or two...other than that sounds like a typical thrash kinda song to me...good but nothing special...i also agree that you should vary the riffs a little more and the ending ends a little abrubtly...overall good thrash song...give mine a lsiten and tell me what you think...its called Morning Solitude and the link is in the sig
Wow that was very catchy. I like it a lot, and for your first drums they werent bad at all. I don't know if it really felt like thrash to me but it was very well written. The only things I can think of are changing the drums a bit and adding some variation to the riffs.

I'd say 7.5/10

crit mine?

(metal, bottom in the sig)