hey guys

Thinking i need a new bass amp i started looking around for a new one,

i was looking for something around the £300 mark, any of these any good?

this

or this

hopefully it will be needed for small to medium gigs so i think i need about 300 watts, i play metal, rock and some funky stuff, any new suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
Daz
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200
i like the laney personally, but the line 6 is also nice. the line 6 is good if your looking at getting a multi-purpose amp, but the laney would be better if your just looking for power and sound (you have your own effect pedals or have no need for them)
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
cool thanks!

yeh i know someone with the laney and they seem to like it alot, its also £50 cheaper
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200
I played the Line 6 at the weekend and didn't like it one bit. Every time you change channels or tweak the effects your volume changes dramatically and the volume control is not very effective for fine volume changes. That alone would put me off getting it even if the compressor and chorus were great, which they frankly aren't.

The Laney, on the other hand, is a solid and reliable amp with good tone.
Woo! St Austell? Cornwall/Southampton? Awesome First people I've seen on here from down my area. I'm in the Lizard... makes getting amp stuff hard.

Go for the Laney. It's not gonna do anything weird to you, and it sounds great!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Definitely the Laney, have you looked at ashdown though? They also make very good bass amps and so do hartke
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
thanks for the responses guys!!

looks like i'll have to do a little bit of laney-looking

Nutter_101 your one of the only people ive seen from around here too!! cool stuff eh?

ive had a look at some hartke's but the closest thing seems to be about £450-ish and im poor i've heard good stuff about ashdown but none of the music shops near me seem to stock them i would prefer to buy local-ish if i could
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200
Last edited by S&D at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by S&D
thanks for the responses guys!!

looks like i'll have to do a little bit of laney-looking

Nutter_101 your one of the only people ive seen from around here too!! cool stuff eh?

ive had a look at some hartke's but the closest thing seems to be about £450-ish and im poor i've heard good stuff about ashdown but none of the music shops near me seem to stock them i would prefer to buy local-ish if i could

I know this is bumping an old thread but I am aswell daz! Don't forget me
Hoodoo you do Mr. Bellamy
The Line6 is a modelling amp, and it's one of the better modelling amps. If you are a studio guy or a solo guy who has lots of different genre gigs, go for the line 6 (although Bass Player Magazine said that you can't get a real trebly sound out of it, but then again, it's a 15"). If you want to have your own signature sound, get the Laney. It's pretty straightforward.

And, by the way, the Line6 doesn't have a 'home tone'; you're always playing under an amp model.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..