Firstly, my apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

What fingers should I be using for this bit:

At the moment i'm doing this:

17th fret high e - 3rd finger [pull off to] 14th fret high e - 1st finger. Then the 15 on B string I use - 2nd finger

Same thing for 19 pulling of too 15

and for the final bit everything the same except I do the 21's with my 4th finger.

Also does it matter whether I alternative pick or downpick this? At the moment my fingers can't really decide what they want lol.

i've been practicing getting faster on guitar pro and once reached top speed (using downpicking) but that was a day or so ago, I haven't managed to get top speed again which is kinda ticking me off because I'd like to get on with the rest of the solo.

Any help with these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
I would suggest using your pinky rather than your ring finger for the high note.

For the alt. picking question, I usually economy pick those. (If you don't know what that is, there are a few lessons on this website about it)
I go down, down, up (pull off)

EDIT: Nevermind, i thought that was played differently. I use economy for stuff like this

---10-13p10---10-13p10----
-10---------10---------------
----------------------------------
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Last edited by RPotts at Mar 15, 2007,
im not very good, so what i do to get a similar sound is leave out the b notes and tap or just trill the e notes...
that sucks tho...
but if you wana focus on different sections of the solo, its close enough
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by Chickenfrmheck
im not very good, so what i do to get a similar sound is leave out the b notes and tap or just trill the e notes...
that sucks tho...
but if you wana focus on different sections of the solo, its close enough

If your having trouble getting this solo to sound right, make sure your using wah wah